“A decent choice in lieu of B&B in the area”

Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hope
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The Ramada might be the only large chain hotel in the area that is close to the heart of New Hope. I was there with several girlfriends for a Wine Tasting Trip - so this hotel suited us fine. The hotel front desk staff were friendly and helpful - the grounds are well kept (pool/poolside/outdoor lounge area).

In comparison to other Ramadas I have stayed in though, the rooms were a bit depressing and pretty much motel-style. Clean enough, though.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank doubleOsoo
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I ended up choosing this hotel for my one night stay in New Hope. The remaining hotels and inns were all two night minimums on the weekend. I ain't gonna lie, I was leery about staying here as I don't usually stay in 2 star hotels. I gotta say, though, that I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel clerk was pleasant during my midnight check-in and didn't hesitate when I asked for a later check-out. Got to a warm room, with heater going, thank goodness on a cold night. I though the room was nice and basic and the bed had crisp sheets with plenty of pillows. I slept very comfortably. Free breakfast is from 6-11 which is nice.

There is a jazz bar in the hotel, too. The decor is beautiful in the lobby and bar. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank TinaCara
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Spent one night here...Rode from Long Island with a dozen biker buddies ...Its your basic no frills nothing special at all place that needs some serious updating but the staff went out of there way to accomodate a bunch a rowdy bikers which means alot in my book...If i go back to New Hope im sure there are some really nice b&b's id would stay at other than The Ramada

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I made a reservation by phone and called to confirm it two days before we traveled but the front desk had no record of it when we showed up. They told us the hotel was full but managed to find us a room anyway. Well, at least it worked out in the end, I suppose.

The room was small but clean and completely adequate. Baybe even nicer than I expected. Very comfortable, modern, clean bedding. The continental breakfast was skimpy and sad. The elevator was terrifying, dropping abruptly the first and only time we used it.

The bar/resturant attached is called "Dansu Sushi Dance Club" and it appeared to neither serve sushi nor offer dancing of any sort. Whatever. Also, they appear to be completely closed on Sunday night.

Overall, fine for the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Room had a musky smell with flying nats. Carpet was dirty and fraid. Continental breakfast was extremely skimpy. Disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We decided to try our luck, throw a bag in our car on Saturday and take a ride into New Hope. No reservation, since the pesky "two night rule" prevails into fall in the New Hope/Lahaska area of Bucks County so if we didn't get a room, home we would come (only live an hour and half away). Because of the large Arts/Crafts fair, there were no openings in the more popular lodging choices. So, after the kindly desk attendant at Golden Plough gave us the bad news that they had no room at the inn, I inquired if she knew anything about Ramada and she mentioned that some of the rooms were recently refurbished. So as we drove down 202 I asked my husband to pull into the Ramada (formerly a Best Western, also the 'Nevermore" in years past) so we could check it out. At this point, we really wanted to stay overnight! Luckily, they did have rooms available, and we asked to see the room. I was pleasantly surprised. Though formerly it appears this property had emphasis on alternative lifestyle, there were many couples, young and old there and does not appear to cater to any one orientation over another. The room was not large, but it was very clean and bright, the furnishings up to date, no peeling paint or rust anywhere--more than ample and comfortable. Our room had a good shower with good water pressure, lots of clean towels, clean comfy bed, good TV, a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. I mean, what more could you ask for? It also offered a complimentary continental breakfast consisting of cold cereal, yogurt, bagels or English muffins, pastry, muffins, and coffee. Served in a rather small bar area, but it was a nice day so we took our selections to the outdoor area. The rate with Triple A was about $143./night, one king size bed. The only improvement I can suggest would be that the hotel consider going smoke-free. We did not experience any smoke smell in our room or even outside, but the cigarette residue on the parking lot and the various ashtrays on the property are serious turnoffs to non-smokers, but as I said, it did NOT affect our stay negatively, just more or less offended aesthetically. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. The employees are extremely accommodating and friendly, and we had a lovely conversation with Jessica as we ate our breakfast. All in all, a nice spot and we hope to come in the hot weather so we can take advantage of a terrific pool area. Away from the hubbub of town and lots of free parking. I only gave 4 stars for the room, simply because it was not a huge room. Oh, and the cigarette thing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lorrie
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I wanted to thank you folks, as well as Bob Egan's club for the enjoyable evening last night! The club was pretty filled with incredible musicians!! The show was fantastic! I also wanted to give kudos to your chef...the food was excellent!! Everything was prepared fantastically...and HOT! Very impressed, and hope for a return visit soon!!..(this time with family!)

Thanks again...and see you folks soon!
Jeffrey

The Brick Hotel
#3 of 3 in Newtown
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope? Share your experiences!