“Overall, fine.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hope
“Overall, fine.”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I made a reservation by phone and called to confirm it two days before we traveled but the front desk had no record of it when we showed up. They told us the hotel was full but managed to find us a room anyway. Well, at least it worked out in the end, I suppose.

The room was small but clean and completely adequate. Baybe even nicer than I expected. Very comfortable, modern, clean bedding. The continental breakfast was skimpy and sad. The elevator was terrifying, dropping abruptly the first and only time we used it.

The bar/resturant attached is called "Dansu Sushi Dance Club" and it appeared to neither serve sushi nor offer dancing of any sort. Whatever. Also, they appear to be completely closed on Sunday night.

Overall, fine for the price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Desert Hot Springs, CA
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Room had a musky smell with flying nats. Carpet was dirty and fraid. Continental breakfast was extremely skimpy. Disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We decided to try our luck, throw a bag in our car on Saturday and take a ride into New Hope. No reservation, since the pesky "two night rule" prevails into fall in the New Hope/Lahaska area of Bucks County so if we didn't get a room, home we would come (only live an hour and half away). Because of the large Arts/Crafts fair, there were no openings in the more popular lodging choices. So, after the kindly desk attendant at Golden Plough gave us the bad news that they had no room at the inn, I inquired if she knew anything about Ramada and she mentioned that some of the rooms were recently refurbished. So as we drove down 202 I asked my husband to pull into the Ramada (formerly a Best Western, also the 'Nevermore" in years past) so we could check it out. At this point, we really wanted to stay overnight! Luckily, they did have rooms available, and we asked to see the room. I was pleasantly surprised. Though formerly it appears this property had emphasis on alternative lifestyle, there were many couples, young and old there and does not appear to cater to any one orientation over another. The room was not large, but it was very clean and bright, the furnishings up to date, no peeling paint or rust anywhere--more than ample and comfortable. Our room had a good shower with good water pressure, lots of clean towels, clean comfy bed, good TV, a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. I mean, what more could you ask for? It also offered a complimentary continental breakfast consisting of cold cereal, yogurt, bagels or English muffins, pastry, muffins, and coffee. Served in a rather small bar area, but it was a nice day so we took our selections to the outdoor area. The rate with Triple A was about $143./night, one king size bed. The only improvement I can suggest would be that the hotel consider going smoke-free. We did not experience any smoke smell in our room or even outside, but the cigarette residue on the parking lot and the various ashtrays on the property are serious turnoffs to non-smokers, but as I said, it did NOT affect our stay negatively, just more or less offended aesthetically. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. The employees are extremely accommodating and friendly, and we had a lovely conversation with Jessica as we ate our breakfast. All in all, a nice spot and we hope to come in the hot weather so we can take advantage of a terrific pool area. Away from the hubbub of town and lots of free parking. I only gave 4 stars for the room, simply because it was not a huge room. Oh, and the cigarette thing.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lorrie
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I wanted to thank you folks, as well as Bob Egan's club for the enjoyable evening last night! The club was pretty filled with incredible musicians!! The show was fantastic! I also wanted to give kudos to your chef...the food was excellent!! Everything was prepared fantastically...and HOT! Very impressed, and hope for a return visit soon!!..(this time with family!)

Thanks again...and see you folks soon!
Jeffrey

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
malvern pa
Reviewed August 23, 2011

nothing but praise. very friendly staff. clean rooms. evertthing just right.
landscaped to perfection, flowers, bushes, plants.
located in lawns with a wooded view
tennis, pool.

Room Tip: get a room with a pool view lower floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
rochester, ny
Reviewed August 13, 2011

First noticed when we entered the room, was the smell. Built on cement slabs, a slightly musty odor was noticed. However, the air conditioning worked great (it was very warm the weekend we were there), the water pressure in the showers was better than expected, and the mattresses were quite firm and allowed for a good nights sleep. Although we didn't have time to check it out, I heard good things about the pool area. Skimpy offering for free breakfast, small muffins only.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I were staying here for 2 nights for a wedding along with everyone else who was attending the wedding. When we called to make the reservation they told us they were very busy and needed to call us back - which happened a few days later. When we told them we were with a wedding and wanted the discount they told us we had missed the cut off date. When we checked in, they gave us a key to a room that someone was already staying in. We had to walk back to the desk and then walk back up again. Elevators are hard to find so we ended up using the stairs all weekend. The hotel they checked us in to was outdated and not the cleanest.

We had a good time at the bar in the lobby however service was terribly slow because they only had one slow bartender working (if you know you have a wedding coming in you should probably put some staff on standby). While heading back to our rooms at the end of the night a staff member followed us all the way back to our rooms telling us to be quiet (it was a 1 minute walk back to the room - escort necessary?).

The continental breakfast was fair and not refilled properly. There seemed to be no one working so it was a challenge just to get some more coffee (again, you have an entire wedding staying at this hotel).

After we checked out I realized I left a necklace in the room. When I called the hotel to ask them to check for it I realized the number had been disconnected. After doing some work to figure out a number I could call I finally got an answering machine. Apparently the lines were down for FIVE days due to inclimate weather. I left a message on this answering machine every day for the following 3 days and got no call back. They already had our money so I guess they didn't care to even call me back. Horrible customer service and we will never stay at another Ramada ever again.
The best part of the hotel was their outdoor pool and their soaps smelled nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 3 in Newtown
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope? Share your experiences!