The Wishing Well Guesthouse
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in New Hope
See available hotels
Main Street Inn(Doylestown)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe blue roomguest houseother guestsbook caseattic suitecozy atmosphereget awayrecommend staying herewalk into townlook forward to visiting againtreated like familymain stthe room was nicemade us feeldecorated beautifullya wonderful stayb and b
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2009

When life is too busy and overwhelming, and you are pulled in too many directions, The Wishing Well Guesthouse is the place to be. I have been going there for several years now. I spend weekends away from my busy life there. Usually while driving I still have something on my mind, but as soon as I arive at the Inn, walk in and put my bags down I feel the rest of the world just go away. It's the countryside, the quiet, the charm of the Inn, and especially the friendliness of the staff at the Inn. Katie the host at the Inn is there to greet me and my friends upon arrival. Check in is so easy and so right away. No matter how late on a Friday night there is always a snack ready in the kitchen and a cup of tea if I need one. With the rest of the world gone. I can relax, go to town for dinner, and sleep quietly until morning. In the morning Katie makes breakfast. Whatever I like is what I get. I just have to ask. Then I can take my time to get ready for the day and go explore New Hope.
I remember one visit to New Hope, I was staying at the Wishing Well, I had left to go for dinner at Water Lilly's, (not the closest place to town). I had forgotten to bring a coat with me, it was the fall and the night air was getting cold. I phoned the Inn and Dan Brown the owner answered. He brought my coat to the resturant for me so I could finish eating, and go out with friends that night without having to go back to the Inn for my coat. My need to be cared for after a busy work week was recognised and catered to. I don't think anyone else would have done that for me.
My room is always clean, my sleep is never disturbed, I get whatever I want for breakfast, cooked fresh for me every morning. I can stay on the grounds and just enjoy the quiet and fresh air for the weekend . This really is the place to go when you want the rest of the world to go away. When you need to be cared for and cared about.
I have made good friends at the Wishing Well Guesthouse, I know I have a place to retreat to when my everyday life is too much to handle. I hope others will experience the same thing.
If you want to spend the week end in New Hope give the Wishing Well a chance. You may find peace there, and a home to go to when you need one.
Love the Wishing Well,
Marlena Sewell
Howell, NJ

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I have stayed at the Wishing Well many times. I have always found it charming, affordable, well-cleaned and with good and healthy food. Daniel is a superb innkeeper. The decor is a bit too retro for my taste, but it was not obtrusive. The Well is especially nice at Christmas time.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I came down to New Hope to have a week-end away from the city and relax... and the Wishing Well met all of my needs! My friend and I were greeted and shown to our room by the owner Daniel; and for the weekend served very well by the housekeeper Katy. The place is utterly charming, with tons of secluded property in the back (you would never know this from the road!) including a real creek! It was so nice! Also in the back is lawn furniture, inc a lounge chair that I napped in twice! AHHH... relaxation! The center of town is about a 10 minute walk away so I was able to leave the car behind at the house and enjoy New Hope sans parking issues. The price for this two-day stay was very very good and I really want to go back soon - and I'm sure I will. -C

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This is a lovely old house, and the woman who is the helper is very friendly. I also felt like the price was reasonable for summer in New Hope. However, the decor was very dated, kind of like grannie style (not dated as in historical) and the food offered was about as poor for quality as it goes, food with trans fats, artificial colors, white bread only, etc, with no offering of a hot breakfast or anything. In a farming area with gorgeous local fruits in July you would think they would offer something of the sort.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2009

A friend and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Wishing Well and found it to be quite charming, a real treat ! It was an intimate environment with well-appointed rooms and the staff was super friendly, it was almost like staying with family (in the best way !) I loved the setting and quaint environment also the proximity to shopping and dinning, we found we could walk almost everywhere from there.
I'll return to New Hope from New York again and again and hope that there are rooms available there, so much nicer than the big, sterile chain hotels.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends