The Wishing Well Guesthouse
Travelocity
$159
Travelocity
$81
All reviewsthe blue roomguest houseother guestsbook caseattic suitecozy atmosphereget awayrecommend staying herewalk into townlook forward to visiting againtreated like familymain stthe room was nicemade us feeldecorated beautifullya wonderful stayb and b
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I first found out I was staying at a Guesthouse/Bed & Breakfast for a conference I was attending I was a bit apprehensive. Within 30 seconds of walking into the Wishing Well I was all but sold and thrilled to be there. Michael, the Innkeeper was a breath of fresh air compared to any hotel staff I have ever dealt with and he was so sweet and charming.

I stayed in the Chelsea Room directly across from the office and as a "guest of exceptional size" I was very pleased that I would not have to climb stairs (although I did once to see the rooms my friends had - and they were all beautiful!)

The room was beautifully appointed, the bathrooms super clean and the bed and pillows so comfortable that I had never slept so well in any place away from home.

In the morning Michael served wonder breads and breakfast foods...the sausage stratta was to die for!

The common rooms were all nicely decorated and very home away from home feel. We even got Michael to play us some songs and we had an inpromptu Broadway Singalong!

The location is wonderfully close to "The Raven" and you get the added benefit to be able to walk 2 minutes to your comfy guesthouse away from the loud music of the club when your ready to call it a night. You are also within walking distance on a nice day to Downtown New Hope, which is one of the nicest places on Earth - everyone is so friendly....and I do mean everyone....never is a look or cross word seen or heard in this town, its amazing!

I am looking forward to my next trip to New Hope and the Wishing Well greatly!!

Paul
Long Island, NY

Room Tip: Chelsea Room for sure!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend Eric and I selected the Wishing Well online out of every B&B in the New Hope area. We had never been there before, and were not sure what to expect...but we read all the reviews and it seemed perfect for us. We were not disappointed. Actually, we never want to stay anywhere else.
From the moment we pulled in the driveway, we were being welcomed by our amazing innkeeper and brought into the warm home. The energy of the house is so incredibly positive, you feel it the moment you walk in. If you love history like we do, you will fall immediately in love with the stone floors, the wide planks, the exposed beams. We stayed in the attic suite on the top floor. It's not the place for you if you are really tall...you might have a few head bumps! But we loved how cozy it felt and how much room there was to spread out! There are books around everywhere to read. There is a super cozy living room to share a drink and a conversation in front of the fireplace. They have a perfect breakfast nook for morning chats. The breakfasts were DELICIOUS and simple. Tasty coffee. Weekends have a happy hour in the early evening at the Wishing Well with wine and snacks where you can chat with your friends and your hosts. It was easily the hardest I laughed in a long time. The folks who run this wonderful place are genuinely kind spirits with humor and wit, and it comes through in everything they do.
As we packed up to leave after our weekend, we were already planning when we could bring a few friends and come back. We will never stay anywhere else as long as The Wishing Well Guesthouse is there to welcome us in!
...if you are seeking Jacuzzi tubs, gazillion thread-count sheets, and pretentious stuffiness, this is not the place for you. If you seek a home away from home, delicious eats, wonderful welcoming energy, giggles in the morning, and an amazing and memorable time with incredible people...both hosts and guests...the Wishing Well is for you! We will see you there!

Room Tip: The Attic Suite has a ton of room, and feels super private!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My partner and I needed to get away from the big city and enjoy some time off. The Wishing Well Guesthouse was extrodinary, he can't stop talking about the time we spent there.Mike Cueto and Dan McDonald were so nice and made sure we were taken care of. They were so kind and didn't mind us bringing our cat ! New Hope has so much to do for everyone and what a beautiful town! Definitely a place we recommend to whoever wants to have a magical experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband, our dog and I were in desperate need of lodging during Hurricane Sandy. We had been without power or heat for four days. A close friend suggested that I call the Wishing Well.They were incredibly accommodating to us even though they don't always take dogs. From the moment we walked in the door, Mike Cueto and Dan McDonald made us feel right at home. There was a fire in the fireplace. Snacks and wine had been put out. Our room was cozy and fit out with antiques. The most impressive part of all this is that Daniel Brooks, the owner, insisted on dropping the rates because so many people were out in the cold. The result was that I called friends and within 24 hours, two more couples we knew had checked in and fallen in love with the place.

We woke up every morning to an amazing breakfast that Dan or Mike had prepared. Home made muffins, sometimes eggs and bacon, quiche, pumpkin pancakes to name a few. Also fresh juices, coffee, cereal, yogurt. I'm afraid to get on the scale!

One of our friends also brought a dog and Mike and Dan played on the floor with them. They let us use the kitchen to save money because we were there for a week. They let us use the laundry facilities because we were running out of clean clothes. There was nothing they didn't offer to help us with to make us comfortable. I felt like I was on a holiday at a friend's house.

The Wishing Well is not a pretentious place. It is warm and gracious. The rooms are each different . Some fancier than others (for the ultimate in luxury, ask for the cathedral room). The common areas (a spacious living room with a flat screen TV and fireplace and a sunny dining area adjacent to the kitchen) are charming. They feature field stone and wood walls, both period and more modern furniture and it all fits nicely together.

My husband and I fared better than most during the storm. However, the power was out in our city for 10 days which also shut down our business. I have a feeling that despite all of that, when I look back on Hurricane Sandy, I will remember staying with my friends in front of the fire at the Wishing Well. Thank you Daniel, Mike and Dan!

Room Tip: The cathedral room is fantastic!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

To celebrate a friend's birthday weekend, we decided to head to New Hope, PA. Finding dinner reservations was extremely easy, lodging accommodations proved to be more of a challenge. There are almost too many options. However, the Wishing Well Guesthouse caught my eye. After my reservation was confirmed, admittedly I was a bit nervous about staying in a guesthouse.

Taking a chance on the guesthouse, trying to make the weekend more special, paid offed. After spending the weekend at the Wishing Well I can comfortable say that I had a great experience. The Inn Keepers were extremely kind, friendly, and knowledgeable. From check in to check out, I don’t think better service could have been offered. Waking up each morning to a home cooked breakfast along with greatly brewed coffee was something that did not take getting used to. On my friend’s birthday, a card accompanied by a piece of birthday cake was thoughtfully provided.

Over the weekend there was a lot to take in, museums, shops, and restaurants. With that said, the one, stand out experience was the Wishing Well. The Innkeepers and the other guests made the experience unforgettable. I would not hesitate to book this guesthouse. I look forward to staying there again, hopefully in the not so distant future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends