“Just the most wonderful place in New Hope...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wishing Well Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
The Wishing Well Guesthouse
Ranked #8 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Hopatcong, New Jersey
“Just the most wonderful place in New Hope...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend Eric and I selected the Wishing Well online out of every B&B in the New Hope area. We had never been there before, and were not sure what to expect...but we read all the reviews and it seemed perfect for us. We were not disappointed. Actually, we never want to stay anywhere else.
From the moment we pulled in the driveway, we were being welcomed by our amazing innkeeper and brought into the warm home. The energy of the house is so incredibly positive, you feel it the moment you walk in. If you love history like we do, you will fall immediately in love with the stone floors, the wide planks, the exposed beams. We stayed in the attic suite on the top floor. It's not the place for you if you are really tall...you might have a few head bumps! But we loved how cozy it felt and how much room there was to spread out! There are books around everywhere to read. There is a super cozy living room to share a drink and a conversation in front of the fireplace. They have a perfect breakfast nook for morning chats. The breakfasts were DELICIOUS and simple. Tasty coffee. Weekends have a happy hour in the early evening at the Wishing Well with wine and snacks where you can chat with your friends and your hosts. It was easily the hardest I laughed in a long time. The folks who run this wonderful place are genuinely kind spirits with humor and wit, and it comes through in everything they do.
As we packed up to leave after our weekend, we were already planning when we could bring a few friends and come back. We will never stay anywhere else as long as The Wishing Well Guesthouse is there to welcome us in!
...if you are seeking Jacuzzi tubs, gazillion thread-count sheets, and pretentious stuffiness, this is not the place for you. If you seek a home away from home, delicious eats, wonderful welcoming energy, giggles in the morning, and an amazing and memorable time with incredible people...both hosts and guests...the Wishing Well is for you! We will see you there!

Room Tip: The Attic Suite has a ton of room, and feels super private!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My partner and I needed to get away from the big city and enjoy some time off. The Wishing Well Guesthouse was extrodinary, he can't stop talking about the time we spent there.Mike Cueto and Dan McDonald were so nice and made sure we were taken care of. They were so kind and didn't mind us bringing our cat ! New Hope has so much to do for everyone and what a beautiful town! Definitely a place we recommend to whoever wants to have a magical experience!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Lambertville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband, our dog and I were in desperate need of lodging during Hurricane Sandy. We had been without power or heat for four days. A close friend suggested that I call the Wishing Well.They were incredibly accommodating to us even though they don't always take dogs. From the moment we walked in the door, Mike Cueto and Dan McDonald made us feel right at home. There was a fire in the fireplace. Snacks and wine had been put out. Our room was cozy and fit out with antiques. The most impressive part of all this is that Daniel Brooks, the owner, insisted on dropping the rates because so many people were out in the cold. The result was that I called friends and within 24 hours, two more couples we knew had checked in and fallen in love with the place.

We woke up every morning to an amazing breakfast that Dan or Mike had prepared. Home made muffins, sometimes eggs and bacon, quiche, pumpkin pancakes to name a few. Also fresh juices, coffee, cereal, yogurt. I'm afraid to get on the scale!

One of our friends also brought a dog and Mike and Dan played on the floor with them. They let us use the kitchen to save money because we were there for a week. They let us use the laundry facilities because we were running out of clean clothes. There was nothing they didn't offer to help us with to make us comfortable. I felt like I was on a holiday at a friend's house.

The Wishing Well is not a pretentious place. It is warm and gracious. The rooms are each different . Some fancier than others (for the ultimate in luxury, ask for the cathedral room). The common areas (a spacious living room with a flat screen TV and fireplace and a sunny dining area adjacent to the kitchen) are charming. They feature field stone and wood walls, both period and more modern furniture and it all fits nicely together.

My husband and I fared better than most during the storm. However, the power was out in our city for 10 days which also shut down our business. I have a feeling that despite all of that, when I look back on Hurricane Sandy, I will remember staying with my friends in front of the fire at the Wishing Well. Thank you Daniel, Mike and Dan!

Room Tip: The cathedral room is fantastic!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

To celebrate a friend's birthday weekend, we decided to head to New Hope, PA. Finding dinner reservations was extremely easy, lodging accommodations proved to be more of a challenge. There are almost too many options. However, the Wishing Well Guesthouse caught my eye. After my reservation was confirmed, admittedly I was a bit nervous about staying in a guesthouse.

Taking a chance on the guesthouse, trying to make the weekend more special, paid offed. After spending the weekend at the Wishing Well I can comfortable say that I had a great experience. The Inn Keepers were extremely kind, friendly, and knowledgeable. From check in to check out, I don’t think better service could have been offered. Waking up each morning to a home cooked breakfast along with greatly brewed coffee was something that did not take getting used to. On my friend’s birthday, a card accompanied by a piece of birthday cake was thoughtfully provided.

Over the weekend there was a lot to take in, museums, shops, and restaurants. With that said, the one, stand out experience was the Wishing Well. The Innkeepers and the other guests made the experience unforgettable. I would not hesitate to book this guesthouse. I look forward to staying there again, hopefully in the not so distant future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Phaser58
Sea Girt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Beautiful B&B with warm, wonderful hosts on a gorgeous piece of property! Highly recommend staying here. Located just outside of the center of New Hope, a short walk or bike ride to Main St. Very comfortable bed, all amenities provided and eager to please hosts. Dan poured us two glasses of wine even though it was not a "Happy Hour " on the porch day! Wishing Well is such an interesting home, very authentic, yet very comfortable.

Angola, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

As this was my first time staying at a B&B I have to say I was a little nervous. Upon arriving at The Wishing Well I met Dan the innkeeper, a pleasant man who answered all my questions about the area. I stayed in the Cathedral room which was located right outside of the dining area. I found my room very clean and comfortable in fact I was napping in there almost everyday. I really don't understand Amanda's review cuz I slept in everyday I didn't hear anyone in the dining area in the morning even though it was a packed house. I normally don't eat breakfast but talking with Dan I jokingly mentioned to him that I love biscuits and sausage gravy. The morning that I left I woke up at 9am to eat breakfast before my 8 hr drive and Dan made Sausage gravy for everyone in the house. I never felt so special. As for the toiletries in the bathroom they seemed fine just like in any hotel but I used the ones i brought with me. I had to laugh at Amanda again for her talk about the toilet paper...How many rolls do you need in your stay? Maybe lay off the coffee in the morning ya might save some trees. I have to say what a great time I had staying here. In fact Dan made me feel like I was staying at my friends house. Very comfortable and very homey. At the end of my stay I felt like I gained a friend in Dan. I can't wait for my next trip here. Next time I'll bring a friend. Thanks again Wishing Well and to you Dan

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Middleport NY.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had the oppertunity to return to the wishing for an extended stay,in early October. This time I was fortunate to be able to bring my wife along with me. My wife loved the place as much as I do we even got to have the same room, which is the blue room tucked behind the bookcase door. We arrived ahead of schedule, I didn't get lost this time, but Dan the Innn keeper called me just to see where we were, we had just gotten in the door to his supprise. It was good to see Dan again, it was like comming home. This 1800's farm house has all the charm that you would expect from that period of time. It's cozy atmosphere lends it self to a relaxing stay, whether in the eating area, or by the fire talking with friends of some of the other guests. Things at the Inn keep getting better, from the breakfasts of fresh fruits, muffins and pancakes to the coffee, and juices in the morning. There always is enough and the self service is a nice touch. The convience of a microwave to make sure your food is piping hot and a good selection of teas for those non coffee drinkers.A walk down the steps to the creek below and you are wisked away to aplace of both beauty and solitude. the only thing you may hear is the whistle of the train as it slowly makes it's way past the inn. A short walk down into town reveals just how quaint this town is with much history and many places to explore. Lunch and dinner can be experienced in any one of the fine restaurants,through the town. After a day of exploring the walk back will set you in the mood for some good conversation by the fire in the living room. The Wishing Well is a oasis in a fast track world with all of it's comforts it is like a visit to grandma's house when you were little, it uniquely lends it self to a laid back style.Dan has done so much with the Inn in the short time he has been there, and continues to make improvments. If your looking for a place with character and charm with out a lot of needless frills the Wishing Well is worth your consideration. We will keep going back, we have made some wonderful friendships there.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope

Been to The Wishing Well Guesthouse? Share your experiences!