“good food but pricey”
Review of The Blue Tortilla - CLOSED

The Blue Tortilla
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a truly mexican meal dining alfresco in our terraces during the warm months or join us inside all-year-round.Treat yourself to our award-winning Guacamole with freshly made corn chips and our delicious home-made salsas.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Red and Mayan pork were both excellent. BYOB so that was nice. Service just OK and prices seem high compared to some other spots across the river in Lambertville for what you get. Nice spot to sit (outside seating) and people watch right on the main street in New Hope just around the corner from the bridge. Regarding service both times we visited we waited a few minutes by the door and nobody helped us, so we just picked our own table. Once seated service was a little slow but friendly. Also if they had more menu options it would be good but what they have is very good.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

They make they RED and GREEN salsa on site. I tried both, preferred the GREEN. RED was a bit too "tomatoey" for me. Tortillas came out hot! YUM! Waitress was pleasant and attentive. Outside seating as well as inside. Soda comes in a can, but they do give you ice/glass. I ordered the Quesadillas, came with rice and beans and guac and a small salad of some sort, all on the same plate. I enjoyed everything. So much better than a chain "mexican" restaurant. Would definitely return to eat here.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food was okay but we have had much more authentic Mexican food with far more flavor, for a much lower price point...Had the steak nachos, they had lettuce and tomatoes on them (definitely not Mexican), which were okay. Red pork again okay, for an entire 1/2 page explaining how great the red pork is I was expecting it to be phenomenal...sides of guac and pico were expensive...for two with tip was over $70.00

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I found the food here to be decent, but I was put off by the prices. Two tacos were $16, two enchiladas were $16, a smallish chicken Caesar salad was $16, etc. One of the kids' dishes (steak tacos, $11) was fine, while the other (2 cheese enchiladas, $11) was unimpressive. The restaurant tacks on an automatic 18% tip for groups larger than 5.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I spent Memorial Day in New Hope, NJ. We travel to New Hope, PA every year, it is a very charming town.
We tried this restaurant for the first time since my husband and I both like Mexican food. We thought things looked promising when they brought out the Guacamole and Chips ($12.95!) this was very tasty. Well, after that the main course went down hill. My husband had the Mexican Steak Salad, he said the meat was very tough and he did not like the dressing. I had a pork dish and again the meat was tough, not tender as emphasized on the menu. They also need a new recipe for their Red Beans, they tasted pretty nasty, also. We won't be going back to this restaurant next year.