“Where the locals shop for cakes and pastries”
Review of C'est La Vie

C'est La Vie
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in New Hope
Cuisines: French
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Where the locals shop for cakes and pastries”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a local, C'est La Vie is where I shop for delicious cakes, pies and French pastries. Over the years I have purchased dozens of items from this wonderful French bakery which, in my opinion, is on par with any French pastry shop in a big city. The shop accepts phone orders, a plus since it spares me two visits to often overcrowded New Hope. I especially like the fruit tart with a shell glazed with chocolate and the Christmas log or buche Noel in the original flavor. The only negative is the parking situation in the rear (the tiny shop is at the end of a small alley, and the majority of the parking spaces are owned by another shop in the front of the alley). Invariably, when you park your car to pick up your cake, you hear the pained voice of the owner of the front shop asking you if you "will be long?" Needless to say, this shop owner has lost a customer long ago. If you are picking up a cake, avoid the nagging voice of this person by parking near the side wall and close to the front of C'est La Vie. In my opinion, this outstanding pastry shop is one of New Hope's star attractions!

1 Thank Parrotharcourt

Burke, Virginia
“Great Sandwich”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had a light lunch here. The baguette was fresh and delicious. It was a beautiful day so we were able to sit outside to eat.

“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great French pastry and bread down an alley way in town, avid the chain coffee shops a block away and enjoy something special and very European, thumbs up!

jackson heights
“Finally tried it!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent croissants and palmier. Lovely little outdoor sitting area.The folks are nice. Open 6 days a week and it is certainly worth the trip "down the alley."

Visited May 2013
Watervliet
“Terrif...both lunch and of course, dessert”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor's guidance, we checked out C'est La Vie during a brief visit to New Hope. The tips helped us locate it -- while on Main Street, it's down a little side driveway, getting you closer to the water. We made 2 stops. First, to have a light lunch while seated outside and we returned after walking up and down the street cking out shops, to buy some dessert to take home with us. My husband had a ham and cheese sandwich on a half a baguette; he really liked it, especially the baguette. I tried a Turkey with bechamel sauce in a croissant. It was good, but I think it might have been warmed up in a microwave and would have probably been better warmed in an oven. For desserts, it was really tough. Had we been directly heading home, we would have had difficulty choosing or limiting our choices. Instead, we bought just a few things: eclair, napolean, palmiere and apricot croissant. Very good. And I am certain that had we eaten them immediately, they would have been better then almost any similar pastry we've bought, be it at Mrs. London's in Saratoga Springs, or the many patisseries we've discovered in Montreal. So, if you find yourself in New Hope, PA, you must check out C'est La Vie. I couldn't help but take a few pictures of the offerings -- they were beautiful. I"ve attached a few for others to appreciate as well.

Visited May 2013