“Terrif...both lunch and of course, dessert”
Review of C'est La Vie

C'est La Vie
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in New Hope
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor's guidance, we checked out C'est La Vie during a brief visit to New Hope. The tips helped us locate it -- while on Main Street, it's down a little side driveway, getting you closer to the water. We made 2 stops. First, to have a light lunch while seated outside and we returned after walking up and down the street cking out shops, to buy some dessert to take home with us. My husband had a ham and cheese sandwich on a half a baguette; he really liked it, especially the baguette. I tried a Turkey with bechamel sauce in a croissant. It was good, but I think it might have been warmed up in a microwave and would have probably been better warmed in an oven. For desserts, it was really tough. Had we been directly heading home, we would have had difficulty choosing or limiting our choices. Instead, we bought just a few things: eclair, napolean, palmiere and apricot croissant. Very good. And I am certain that had we eaten them immediately, they would have been better then almost any similar pastry we've bought, be it at Mrs. London's in Saratoga Springs, or the many patisseries we've discovered in Montreal. So, if you find yourself in New Hope, PA, you must check out C'est La Vie. I couldn't help but take a few pictures of the offerings -- they were beautiful. I"ve attached a few for others to appreciate as well.

2  Thank AndreaZNy

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have high standards for French Pastry, snobby as it sounds, and this place (recommended, thankfully, by a local bartender) is fantastic. The people are friendly. The location is cozy. The displays are very pretty. And the pastry (apple tart, butter bread, the best macaroon ever, almond and plain croissant) perfect. Prices avg. for this kind of place.

1  Thank stuffedcabbage
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This bakery is so quaint and authentic, it's just wonderful. The chocolate croissant, almond croissant, maple walnut danish, and palmier are our favorites. The french bread is also great. The place is tiny and smells delicious. There are a few little tables inside with great French decorations and books all around. They also serve excellent coffee. We love it here and come every Saturday morning. Highly recommended!

1  Thank kwitt16
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The chocolate croissant is to die for! Ask to have it warmed up! Of course, there are many more goodies to be had, but I always get the same thing...

Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a great local place to get European style coffee and French Pastry. The pan au chocolat was excellent.