“Just when you thought”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse..it did. The diner has never been great, but for a quick basic breakfast they "will do". Untill we tried the Breakfast Buffet.. terrible service from waiter Ken. But I will say he was very polite, but that doesn't make up for inattentive service. The really bad part was the food. Pancakes, waffles and french toast were all cold , hard and crusty. The omlet was made to order by a person whose right thumb was all wraped in gauze without gloves as he picked up the cheeses with his bare left hand. Sort of lost the urge to eat at that point. Never again, there are too many other places to dine that are much better!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The food here is always decent, nothing outstanding. The service is friendly and the place is clean.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My partner and I just got back from dinner at Eagle Diner. I was leaning towards simple diner-type fare, like a burger or gyro deluxe, but took a look at their 5-9pm specials. We both ordered grilled salmon with choice of vegetable...fried eggplant for me, and broccoli for him. The $11.50 price pp included A.Y.C.E. salad and soup, soda, and your choice of dessert.

We started with the salad bar which was fairly nicely stocked...chopped iceberg lettuce (remember, it's a diner), croutons, bacon bits, stuffed grape leaves, chick peas, sliced beets, calamari salad, red onion, shredded cheddar, tomatoes, macaroni salad, coleslaw, several dressings (the bleu cheese was better than at most diners) sliced boiled eggs and many more items. We both enjoyed our salads very much. Neither of us had the soup.

The salmon arrived on a hot metal plate...it was plain but cooked very nicely, not overdone. Salt & pepper and a squeeze of lemon did the trick.

The side dishes were bland (think diner) but the fried eggplant slices were the better of the two.

Good fountain soda.

Dessert? Choose any of their cakes or pies. The cheesecake was excellent, the blueberry pie not so much.

Our waitress was outstanding. Granted, it wasn't busy, but she went way above and beyond the call of duty. Her cheerful demeanor and attentiveness pushed this review up from a 4 to a 5 and earned her a 26% tip.

This is a review of a diner. Therefore, I am only comparing the dining experience against other diners, not 5 star venues costing many times more than the $24 (excluding tip) we paid for this meal.

We dine here about once a year when visiting New Hope.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Again. Horrible. Thanks for nothing. It would've been one thing if the manager came over or even the server to apologize for almost an hour to wait
For food. We left while our food was being delivered and they were mad at us for not wanting to continue to wait. I'm an assistant gm of a well known restaurant in the tri state area and believe me I'll be passing this along. I'm understanding of pretty much all situations in a restaurant, but you can't leave a table for an hour without acknowledging them for even a refill! Never going back clearly and I'm telling everyon. It's a diner for gods sake get it together

1  Thank Nicoleelbacha
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The diner has been around forever. It is smelly and needs to be renovated. Food is usually okay. Salad bar is good, but place is dirty.