“Excellent casual Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Jenkintown
“Excellent casual Mexican”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is very casual but the food is excellent.You order your food at the counter and pick up your plastic utensils and napkin. Don't let this discourage you!. They'll bring your food and it will be excellent We started with guacamole and crisp chips.My husband had chile rellenos which he swears are the best he's ever had. I'm always pretty boring with my cheese enchiladas ,but they were excellent as were the rice and beans. The dishes being served to other tables all looked delicious. They made me margueritas with my tequila. The decor is charming but simple. This is not your restaurant for that long romantic evening but it was perfect for our need for a Mexican fix.

• Visited January 2014

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Good food, great price”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

New Hope restaurants are notoriously high priced. If you want good Mexican food without the high price tag this is the place to go. A locals favorite.

New Jersey
“Average Mexican Place”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The service was fast and friendly but call me a snob, I like to be waited on and not have to get up to order my food. Having been to many authentic Mexican places, the food was just ok, I had the enchiladas. I felt it was a little bland for my taste. The place was decorated really cute and fitting for the type of place it is.

• Visited November 2013
Greenbelt, Maryland
“Fantastic Food, nice staff, cute place”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am absolutely shocked to see one person complain about the prices. Seriously?!?! Are they expecting Taco Bell prices at a regular restaurant with quality ingredients?

We went here twice with a groupon. I was so wowed by how yummy the food was, I absolutely had to go back.

My husbands fave was the Carne Asada hard shell taco. I however preferred the fish tacos. Their chili is very yummy, gazpacho is very fresh. Everything was just great. I wish this place was here in Maryland, I would go back often.

Visited October 2013
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Not a Bad Place to Eat”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Found this place by buying a GROUPON. Went with daughter and the place was not fantastic and can use a good make over especially the noisy air conditioner which should have been replaced circa 1990's. With that said, the food was very tasty and I will go back again and will write another review. Remember it depends on what time of day or even which day you go to a restaurant that affects your overall experience. We went on a Monday.

dianeshop1