“What a wonderful wedding - thank you CBI”
Review of Centre Bridge Inn

Centre Bridge Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Centre Bridge Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 91 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Special Occasion Destination
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We've just arrived home from our son's wedding at The Centre Bridge Inn in New Hope, PA.. It was absolutely wonderful. Thank you to all at the Inn who made it a perfect day for our kids. The food was excellent, the Inn looked great,location beautiful and the entire staff did a great job of making this a stressless, perfectly executed event. This was not a 'wedding mill' wedding, it was unique and beautiful with four star service. Special thanks to the resident wedding coordinator who worked with our bride and groom to help them stay on budget and put together the wedding of their dreams. All in all I can't think of a better place for a wedding - we'll be calling them again when it's time for our daughter to be married.

1  Thank Debbie C
There are newer reviews for Centre Bridge Inn

Reviewed June 8, 2014

It's a beautiful setting overlooking the canal and the river. Walking through the bar/indoor restaurant with chairs stacked up to the ceiling, I wondered if I had somehow missed the main event.
I suspect this is a great venue for a big party and less a place to go for a nice dinner. Food was good. I had the duck; husband the lamb. But what should have been a good vibe was missing. I sincerely hope the owners are making a good income on parties. Everyone needs to make money at their business.

1  Thank Persnickety2014
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My friends got married here over the weekend. It was wonderful. Awesome location with great food and the place was rustic and the building is old. If that's what your looking for. Dinner was delicious and the food before hand was great. Good variety!

1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have wanted to eat here for years; it is in a very scenic location along the Delaware River. However, my doubts started as soon as we walked in for Easter brunch. It was 1 PM and the room was less than half full. Things immediately got worse. After being seated, our server did not come over to the table for a drink order or anything for over 10 minutes. Again the restaurant was over half empty and they were serving a brunch buffet. Other servers noticed the lack of service, apologized to us and tracked down our server. She finally arrived, took our drink order and scurried off. After delivering the drinks she only came back to deliver the check.

We went to the buffet tables and the food selection and quality did not live up to the menu's promise. The carver would offer one skimpy slice of ham or beef at at a time from his station (Could they spare it?) The stiff at the omelette station would not make eye contact with you, he seemed to always be staring over the room and out the window to the river. (I can only assume he wanted to escape as much as I did) The "homemade" potato gnocchi were bland lumps of dough that really tasted and looked like they had been frozen or dried. The sweet potato salad was tasty and the best thing on the menu for me. The worst part of the meal was that ALL OF THE FOOD that was not made to order (which limited you to eggs) WAS TEPID AT BEST OR DOWNRIGHT COLD!

The chafing dishes were refilled slowly, particularly the salmon and desserts. The desserts were poor and not as advertised. There were never any cupcakes offered although promised in the menu. They would have been good for children. The pies were average at best; the quality of the apple pie made me wonder when it had been "fresh baked."

It should also be noted that very few people entered the restaurant after we arrived. The service was to end at 3 PM, but it was clear that the last 2.5 hours had little traffic. I should have read the customer reviews before wasting my time, money and appetite on this joint.

$39.95 each for our party of 5 and they had the audacity to add the gratuity (It was either 18 or 20% for A BUFFET!). I just wanted to get out of there and get some decent food, so I didn't argue about the tip. Fool me once shame on me. Our server was not worth a 10 cent tip! The owner should be ashamed of himself for this travesty. It epitomized why I rarely go to restaurants that serve buffets. I will never go back there and I have been telling everyone I know how bad of a dining experience it was. The Centre Bridge Inn delivered the worst food buffet and service I have ever experienced! Stay away!

2  Thank Ghost_of_CalvinT
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was sadly disappointed when I drove by the Centre Bridge Inn, and it looked like a rest home, not a wedding venue. There is an ugly ramp in the front. So we decided not to stop in. My fiance' and I are crossing the centre bridge off the list of possible establishments to host our reception.