“Stay away - they hand wash the glass and silverware”
Review of Aladdin - CLOSED

Aladdin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Food is ok, but cleanliness standards are poor and they seem to be skirting several PA state law health and safety regulations.

1  Thank honeysucklerose24

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

The most tasteless food ever had,not even close to the real cuisine! Tried three different things all of them not good!!!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

If you are vegetarian go with the mousaka. It was really good; tasty dish. My partner and I enjoyed the greek salad with shrimp; nice size. The spinach pie was fresh out of the oven and recommended by our waitress. We sat on the couch in the window and it was a relaxing day. We finished our lazy day with mint tea. We were told they have belly dancers on weekends,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We are so disappointed and hate to chime in with negativity, but...wish I'd checked the reviews before going. First up, the tabbouli I ordered was vinegary and had a kind of "bite" which to me was indicative of some element (the vinegar?) starting to turn a little. I was willing to overlook that. I ordered a Falafel sandwich which as I was told by the waitress was made with fava beans and not chick peas, but I ordered it anyway. It was dark in the restaurant, but I could see that it was overcooked and burned to nearly black and terribly dried out. A shame, because the pita itself was the best part of the entire meal. My spouse got the beef shish kebab and offered me a skewer. Apparently the chef doesn't know about the soaking of the skewer to get the meat off, because that was a struggle. After the wrestling match, you realize it wasn't even worth the work - you couldn't take one bite without having to remove a huge hunk of gristle. I had a napkin that was the size of a cocktail napkin. If you are going to have to hock out gristle it would be nice to have a normal size paper napkin (my spouse got a normal one (I got the kind you get at McDonald's - huh?). For drinks, I decided on just water-came in a juice glass that almost looked like a kiddie cup (no ice) and my spouse ordered hibiscus tea that tasted like diet crystal light. One other very important thing to mention is: seating: awful, mismatched really uncomfortable chairs and tables so low you cannot cross your legs. After 40 minutes in there, I actually lifted my plate in order to keep from getting a backache. We changed seats once when we realized we were sitting on a painted chair that looked like a little kiddie chair with a pillow on it, but not until I clunked my head on a big low hung chandelier. I actually laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of it all. It's a shame this was so different than what we expected. We were really hungry so we stuck it all out. We had checked it out a few months ago and thought it looked cute inside and since we love this kind of ethnic food, made it a "must do" for this recent trip. Hope the owner gets things in order or this will be just another place that bites the dust in New Hope. The waitress was very, very nice-I will definitely say that for the place. I felt a little sorry for her. Only 3 tables eating from start to finish-on a weekend.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

First time to this restaurant and we ordered appetizers, a sandwich, dinner and desssert to sample everything. The food was not prepared or presented well and tasted awful. I don't know how they can call that appetizer, Baba Ghanoush, it had a slimy, gelatanous texture and barely had any eggplant, tahini or garlic. I am middle eastern and can make everyone of these dishes and can tell you the spices were wrong and the food wasn't fresh. You can get better middle eastern food in the freezer dept. of you grocery store. Prices were also a rip-off. We were the only ones in the restaurant at 6:30pm which says alot. Don't waste your appetite, time or money here.