“Great sandwiches, excellent white sangria”

Martine's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Martine's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
“Great sandwiches, excellent white sangria”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I were there on July 4th for lunch. Beautiful views from the rear deck overlooking the river. My husband order the chicken sandwich with fries and I had the turkey on sourdough with a side salad. Everything was delicious perhaps a little slow coming out but it was such a beautiful day that it didn't matter. We also got to enjoy their white sangria....so refreshing, the best that I have ever had.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank CinnaminNJ

Glenside, Pennsylvania
“great food, great service”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I went here on a Tuesday early afternoon for our 22nd wedding anniversary. A guy that my husband works with recommended it to us, we looked online at other restaurants and decided that we would give Martine's a try.... Great Idea! We arrived around 1 o'clock and were seated right away out on the deck overlooking the river, how pleasant it was, the hostess recommended for us to move when as she was just seating us, another table had opened up in a great little corner. I thought that was very considerate of her to suggest, she could have just left it for the next couple to arrive. As we sat, we were approached right away by a very friendly waiter who took our drink order and delivered right away. they had a white sangria special for the day, the drinks were great! we ordered a pasta dish with shrimp, spinach in a pink like vodka sauce, IT WAS SUPERB! The whole experience was awesome! would highly recommend on a nice Tuesday afternoon... I cant say anything for what this establishment is like on the weekends and evenings, but I LOVED it!

• Visited June 2011
Hilltown, Pennsylvania
“Not Very Accommodating”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We visited Martine’s on a beautiful Friday night in June. We were seated at a table on the deck with a wonderful view of the Delaware River. Our dinner was fresh, hot and delicious. We had ceasar salad and filet mignon with mashed potatoes and broccoli. They make a tasty creamsicle martini. Our waitress was very pleasant and did not make us feel rushed in any way. Since it was a Friday night, we were treated to a fireworks display over the Delaware. Our only complaint would be, the wind started to blow up a bit and the wait staff lowered all the table umbrellas. All but two of the umbrella bottoms when closed came well above the tabletops. Unfortunately our umbrella was one of the two lower ones and once down we could not see the other people we were dining with. We asked the manager Christine if we could simply remove it and place it on the floor behind our seats. There was a wall behind us and it would have been in no one’s way if it were placed there. She said the owner did not permit that. They offered us a free dessert to make up for not being able to see each other, which we declined. It was difficult to enjoy each other’s company due to the fact that the big blue umbrella was in each of our faces.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank CanNotWait4Vacation
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quite rude”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We had reservations but when we showed up we were told they don't take reservations. The hostess was especially rude, although our waitress seemed distracted to the point of poor service. The food was also distasteful. I would be more willing to forgive that if I had been treated better. I imagine they could have been trying for an inclusive feel but I don't enjoy paying money to be treated badly.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank happybirds890
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crappy service. Rude rude rude. Stay away”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We had the audacity to show up with children, this was not well received. Waitress was openly rude and hostile. This place will be out of business soon.

1 Thank Jimmy W