“Wow, what's with all the good reviews?”

The Landing Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Wow, what's with all the good reviews?”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have been coming to New Hope and Lambertville for years and have been trying to get to the Landing for lunch to see the river while enjoying good food and cocktails. All I can say is, what's with all the hype? We were served mediocre food with mediocre service, and small amounts for an outrageous price. I will never go back. I'm done. I'll take my Lambertville Station facing the toe path any day.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank RFosh

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great location, and pretty good food.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you are going to be eating here, I highly recommend sitting outside. The view of the river is great, and there is always something to watch (animals, boats, etc). The food was good, but nothing really special. The service was excellent, and our waitress was very pleasant. We will likely be back again in the future.

Northern NJ
“Service Could Use Some Tweeking”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Landing

Category: American (New)
3.0 star rating
Update - 9/15/2013
Service Could Use Some Tweeking

I first reviewed The Landing in late June of this year. Following an enjoyable visit to Peddler's Village this past weekend, our plan was to stop at New Hope for dinner and revisit this riverside dining spot. Unfortunately, I had to drop one star from my earlier review due to several inconsistencies with the service.

We arrived quite early for dinner, around 5:30PM; reservations were not needed, nor were they accepted. We were promptly shown to a table at the railing overlooking the Delaware River. Although several other tables-for-two were available, we were shown a table at the far end of the railing which sat over a partially raised wooden beam in the floor. As soon as we were seated, it became obvious that the beam was interfering with the legs of my chair. I asked our server if we could be moved to another table; this was done with no problem.

Once re-seated, we ordered drinks which arrived in no time. Bread and butter were also requested and were placed on our table. Note, however, that we were not provided with the customary small plates used for bread, nor were we given any silverware or napkins. I hailed our server from afar and, without any further discussion, he knew of the items missing from our table. I found it odd then, that our server waited until we flagged him to bring the missing table settings to us.

Now we were able to use the butter knives to enjoy our dinner rolls using our bread plates for the crumbs, other than having them scattered over the tablecloth. Things seemed to be under control until I noticed a small folding table that was positioned
about two feet from where we were seated. Clearly, this table was being used to
deposit soiled dishes, glassware, and silverware, collected by the servers, ready for the dishwasher.

At first, the table only contained several dishes. As the evening moved on, a stack of soiled dinnerware, approx. two feet high, had accumulated on the table, not very appetizing while we dined. I mentioned to our server that to carry away the entire tray would require an enormous amount of strength and dexterity. I believe the hint was taken well. Shortly thereafter, another server lifted the entire tray, removing it from the dining area.

I must say that, despite the server glitches, our food was very good and the evening was now proceeding notably. My wife ordered the ribs which she thought were "very good." I, the chicken parm special with pasta in a marinara sauce which was very good as well; portions were more than ample for both of us.

Pros: Good food; reasonable pricing; good drinks; *pleasant atmosphere

Cons: Inconsistent service; lack of server training;

*several bar patrons had spilled over into the outdoor dining area, standing close to diners tables. Their somewhat loud conversations hampered the more muted and somewhat private atmosphere of the outdoor dining patio. Management should have asked them to return to the bar area where they had originally come from.

Edit Remove

Whitestone, New York
“I don't get all the great reviews...”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I were at The Landing for lunch on Sept 7th...we ordered fried calamari and fish and chips...fortunately, we didn't order 2 entrees because we had dinner reservations elsewhere and were told this would be a good place for lunch. We were told that they an awesome bloody mary. The drink was just ok...they make it unique by adding a shrimp, celery and olives. Martine's actually has a much better bloody mary...they have a very nice view as well. On to the meal...it was a pretty terrible meal. The outer crust of fish was hard...which was not pleasant. The calamari was soaked in oil...I don't get all the great reviews and I don't get how a place with such a beautiful view can serve such unappetizing food. Not to mention that it's a tad pricey. If you want to enjoy a very nice view The Landing is great...just make sure that you only have drinks ;)!

1 Thank 214josiet
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Great atmosphere.........so, so food”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a nice place to go to dine outside. The view of the river is amazing & so relaxing. I must say, the food was ok, not great, but the atmosphere was outstanding. New Hope, PA & over the bridge to Lambertville, NJ, are two of the touristy towns we ever been too. We cannot wait to back.

• Visited August 2013