“Wonderful Dinner Experience”
Review of Marsha Brown's

Marsha Brown's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marsha Brown's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in New Hope
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridge Street
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We went there for a birthday party and we had a wonderful time.
The quality of the food was exceptional. The wait staff was very attentive to our needs as well. Jack, our waiter is such a nice gentleman.
Very pleasant experience!

Reviewed May 29, 2009

My boyfriend and me have been planning to go here for sometime. Finally we get around to it and we are glad we did. The prices are reasonable, the food is the best I've had in philadelphia and the service was just the best period. I ordered the fillet Mignon (its three separate peices) beautifully presented along with asparagus heads and mashed potatoes. The sinful chocolate cake was just incredible...and I have high standards for desserts as my sister is a pastry chef...

If you go there make sure you call ahead and confirm that Jack and/or George are working that night. These two were by far the most entertaining and efficient waiters I have dealt with. The don't their guests but allow ample time for eating,and after the appetizer they waited a bit then brought out our dinner. On their drink menu, though I don't remember the exact name its a peachy Marsha's something is amazing. It is sort of like a martini only ours were mixed perfectly.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and is now undoubtedly my favorite in the philadelphia area.

Reviewed April 28, 2009

Good menu with lots of choices. The quality of the food was exceptional and prices were reasonable. The wait staff was very attentive to our needs as well. They serve a great "Chop Salad" that is out of this world. My husband enjoyed to Jambalaya but had wished for a larger portion.

Reviewed April 15, 2009

We had eaten at Marsha Brown's when it first opened we decided to go back to see if it had ironed out a few problem areas. The main dining area is large and loud and we made sure to redirect the hostess to seat us along the wall instead of the middle of the floor. this proved a good move as the two of us would have been lost amidst all the large groups. Why they don't seat couples away from the chaos is beyond me. But service via George was excellent and the starters (beet salad and lobster and shrimp bisque) were both outstanding. Entrees, could use a bit of work as the scallops and lobster tail were nothing exceptional for $30 (although the crawfish risotto was novel and tasty) and the bayou surf and turf with a very nice crab cake seemed a bit over priced at $37. The steak was coated in the house bayou rub which was tasty but I felt it might be a nice cover for steaks that aren't highest quality. Dessert was not memorable and after wrapping up I just felt it was OK. Pricey and not necessarily a place we have to repeat.

Reviewed April 11, 2009

I always try to take the good with the bad when reading reviews because you run into all kinds of folks from those who can never be pleased to those who can always find that bright spot in even the worst situations. That being said, I decided to give Marsha Brown's a try and was glad I did. My husband and I definitely liked the atmosphere and the service was good, too. The food was (overall) good. The lollypop lambchops were awesome (and I don't really care for lamb, but I tried it based on reviews) and the crawfish springrolls were pretty good. We split a cup of gumbo and it wasn't that great. After we dumped a ton of salt in it, it tasted a little better. On the other hand, the jambalaya ROCKED. It was very, very good. My husband had Mae’s Amazing Mirliton (stuffed peppers) and they were extremely good, too. Our overall experience was a very good one and we're glad we went. It's definitely worth a try!