“First visit and would return.”
Review of Marsha Brown's

Marsha Brown's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marsha Brown's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in New Hope
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridge Street
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went with friends for dinner on this Friday night. The quaint town of New Hope was packed to the gills including all of the restaurants. It was very nice to have valet parking. Our table was in the organ loft of this very nice three story old church. It was a bit dark in the room to the point that many were using flash lights or iphones to read their menus. The bread was quite nice. We all had Cajun style food which was very good and plenty. I have made several trips to Cajun country in Louisiana and the food at this restaurant tops what I have experienced in LA. Wine is on the pricey side as is the food. Service was excellent with very knowledgeable wait staff working as a team. When we feel like another hour drive to go to dinner Marsha Brown would be a good destination for us.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had heard about this restaurant for years, so my husband and I finally tried it on Sat. 10/26/13. My only complaint is that it was VERY expensive, $230 for both of us with tip, however, everything sounded so good, we ordered way too much food. Coconut shrimp, while sweet, was delicious; crab cocktail was awesome, church salad and wedge salad were excellent, eggplant Ophelia was delicious (can't wait to go back and order it again) and my hubby's steak was also delicious. We also ordered 2 sides, bayou fries and spinach, which we didn't need since the portion sizes are generous. Bottle of Hacienda Estates cabernet was $36 and very, very good. No room for dessert after all that food, just coffee. I ordered a specialty coffee, and for the first time ever, it was actually hot. Mostly it comes luke warm, after adding the alcohol. Server was very nice, and the hostess honored my request for a "quiet" table. It is a little loud in the restaurant, but the tables are not crowded, and the service was prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly. I'm a little surprised by the not-so-good reviews. I can't wait to return!

1  Thank June R
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ate here a few years back and always wanted to get back for another great meal. It certainly is not a romantic restaurant as it is quite noisy and maybe a little over crowded. But the food and the service was just as good as the last time we ate here. There are quie a number of small inexpensive restaurants in New Hope, but once in awhile you have to splurge and here is the place to do just that.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I were walking through New Hope, looking for a place to get a nice lunch. We had stopped in a book shop to purchase a book for my niece. So we asked for the clerks advice on where to eat, man we should have listened to him. The old church turned restaurant caught our attention, and once my husband saw Cajun, we had to go in. The old fashion wall paper on the was kind of nice, where it wasn't peeling off the wall. The place looked like it had never been dusted. Service was VERY slow. I don't care for spicy food so I asked for something not so spicy. I got something that was hotter than my husband, the "pepper Head"s I guess the food was okay if you like spicy food. But by the time we saw our waiter again, we just wanted to leave. About a half hour later we got our check

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Made reservations for lunch and to discuss with a manager hosting a potential private event. When arrived we were seated downstairs in the bar area. When we asked about possibly being seated upstairs, we were told by the hostess that only parties of 6 or more are seated upstairs, ok fair enough. Except it was not true, later when got a tour of the upstairs for our potential private event we saw several parties less than 6 (3-4 people !!). The food was just ok at lunch, my chicken was dry and tasteless. Service was SLOW not the same caliber as dinner service. Had a great experience at dinner here many times before. Also, while the manager was professional and nice during our 30 minute meeting and tour she never got back to us (as she said she would) with information and details for hosting our event which now is booked elsewhere.