“nice place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marsha Brown's

Marsha Brown's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marsha Brown's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridge Street
Ottsville, Pennsylvania
“nice place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

food very good ,but a little pricey...very different inside,,like the atmosphere..love the new hope downtown feel,sever is nice..

• Visited August 2012

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Marsha Brown tickles you pink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

If you want atmosphere and drama along with delicious, innovative, fresh food then Marsha Brown's is where you want to get it. Nestled in the quaint, quirky town of New Hope, PA MB will have you shouting amen for having step foot in their establishment. MB is breathtakingly beautiful with its' stained glass windows and colorful paintings in this once church. The food is excellent-from the homemade Maytag bleu cheese dressing to the sweet potato casserole and everything in between. Side dishes/veggies are served a la carte but there is more than enough for two or three people to share. The bread comes out and stays piping hot. We passed on dessert because we were full and enjoyed the sweet potato casserole as if it was a dessert.

• Visited September 2012
Kentucky
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Amazing food and service. Three of us dined together on business. We got oysters, crab claws, and jumbo shrimp from the raw bar for appetizers. For entrees, we ordered lobster pot pie, crawfish etoufee, and scallops. We also got a side order of the mashed potatoes. For dessert, we shared the bread pudding. The wine list was outstanding as well. Everything we had was divine in flavor and presentation. A 5 star experience in my eyes.

2 Thank shoegal619
Bucks County, Pa
“Great place for a special evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I wanted to celebrate our anniversary at someplace nicer and decided to try Marsha Browns in New Hope. I was a little concerned with it being a Monday that the place might not be on top of it's game, but that turned out to be completely unfounded. When the staff inquired if we were celebrating a "special occasion", and I mentioned it was an anniversary, the team really went out of their way. We were arrived, we were ushered to a table that had already been set with rose petals, offered a photo, and it seemed every member of staff - assigned or not - stopped by to wish us a Happy Anniversary. And there were a LOT of staff. The place was moderately busy, but not overly crowded, on a Monday, and we were served by no less than 4 individuals. The kitchen manager and head chef also stopped by, and our waiter and assistant were great, friendly, and thorough. At one point I did need a water refill, and when I asked a nearby waiter (not assigned) he immediately replied with the perfect response in that situation... "I'm sorry you had to ask". Needless to say I couldn't get half way through my water glass from that point forward.
The wine list was great, but being a Monday we opted for wines by the glass. Selection was good and the pours were generous by any standard. The menu offered so many temping choices, I would love to have tried several, but in the end gave into my temptation for a good steak.
Food was delicious- the shrimp and lobster bisque was flavorful and savory (perhaps a bit light on seafood) but I finished every drop. Ceasar salad was huge. My Filet arrived sizzling - literally; a huge, delicious portion with bearnaise on the side, and perfectly done to my specifications. My wife had the crabcake and filet "surf and turf" over risotto. She loved both, though the crabcake might have been a little small but it WAS part of a larger meal. We debated between us if the risotto was overdone, (I actually like it a little dryer than she does) and to me it was perfect.
I splurged for the pecan pie for dessert and it too was yummy - though it must have been the last piece because it came out a bit "mangled". Still didn't stop me from eating it though :) Coffee was excellent (makes or breaks the meal) and in the end they comped us on dessert anyway as an anniversary gift.
All in all a wonderful place. Beautiful location - though I could see how it could get noisy on a Friday or Saturday - but our trip was just fine. Prices are on the high side, but appropriate for the portions, prep and service. Well worth it,and they really made our evening special. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Tankminder
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Noisy but good food,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The food was excellent but I found the large dinning room rater loud and the prices somewhat high. The noise was due to the fact the place was crowded, so draw your conclusions about the place on that fact!