“Excellent choice!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We are in New Hope for a weekend getaway. Stopped in because the reviews on tripadvisor sounded awesome. They did not disappoint!
We had samosas for an appetizer. Then, of course chicken tikka masala which is always a strong choice. Tasted great. Also had chicken dacai. Awesome. I love naans and without a doubt the naans here were the best I've ever had!! EVER!!
Service was attentive.
Bathroom scary.
But don't let that stop you from going. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went on a Saturday night with another couple. There was about a 15 minute wait, but it was well worth it. We were treated with a generous plate of pappadum along with 3 chutneys. We ordered a plate of vegetable pakoras and a plate of samosas for appetizers. Both appetizers were delicious.

For entrees, we ordered chicken sagg, shrimp tikka masala, chicken jalfrezie, and an eggplant dish. We all sampled each dish and they were all very flavorful and the portions were generous. The dishes were ordered medium spicing and the preparation was perfect. The bread, onion Kulcha was also delicious. The food is right up there compared to our favorite Indian restaurant in Parlin NJ.

The service was excellent and the water glasses were filled promptly.

My one complaint (and it is a very minor one) is that the mint chutney was too liquidy for my taste. I prefer a thicker mint chutney.

All 4 of us were pleased by the food and service and would not hesitate to eat here again when we are in the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ok, we saw this place in New Hope PA and ate there. Interviewed some regulars - the curry eggplant and the tandoori chicken were among the best Ive ever tasted. So why I am I writing this. One small hopefully helpful suggestion. When I asked for another basket of the papadum (comes with meal) with the traditional three sauce (red, brown and green) - the papadum ran out and when we asked for more, nan was suggested but, no, we wanted more of the papadum. I asked two, three times. Then the food comes and it was fantastic, so I asked a fourth time for more papadum. Here was the response " I cant bring any more cause its one per table" so I replied " If I paid for some more (remember its a included with meal product) could I have some more. Kind of angrily, the waiter (owner actually) does finally bring it, even though I earned some stares from the table next door cause they were dying to find out what the commotion was about. My take? Im more than happy to pay for the extra basket. Theory? This is a limited supply item (they should acquire more that can be sold if it is a refill) and here is my compliment- I did notice that this is the hardest working individual who is the owner, waiter, server, cook, public relations officer...etc.. and sometimes acts as all four!! He is awesome but could be a wee bit more accommodating to just me, especially one that is offering to pay.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been to many fine Indian restaurants but Jaffron in New Hope, Pa is the best. The chicken saag was fabulous as were the chicken tiki masala, the lamb saag and the lamb curry. The owner was warm and welcoming. The price is the bargain of the year. A real find. I will recommend this tiny wonderful place to everyone I know.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've been wanting to visit Jaffron for about a year, ever since I saw that it was opening in June of 2012. However, time got away from me and I didn't get there until today. I'm so sorry that I've waited so long! The food was wonderful. We ate at the lunch buffet, which was about $9 per person, a very low price for that area of the state. There were five entrees, rice, two soups, one dessert, and fresh naan brought to the table. Although mild in spicy heat due to the fact that it was a buffet, the food was very flavorful. I'm sure more heat could be added to individually ordered dishes, if it is so desired. Every dish was very fresh, and there was a variety of meat entrees and vegetarian entrees. While the place is tiny, and not much to look at, the food more than makes up for it. The owner says that he changes the items on the buffet frequently, so that's all the more reason to go back (not that I needed one). This one's definitely a keeper!