“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nikolas

Nikolas
Ranked #42 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Nikolas at the Logan Inn is located in the heart of downtown New Hope, serving vibrant Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The restaurant takes American fare like steak and lobster and infuses them with Mediterranean flavors and spirit. The menu draws inspiration from throughout the region including Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey, while focusing on fresh seafood and prime meats. Whole fish, octopus, lamb and Kobe steaks are just a few of the outstanding items offered at Nikolas. The team at Nikolas aims to provide a warm and inviting dining experience with exceptional and unique food, personalized hospitality and professional service in a beautiful setting. We invite you to join us at Nikolas and allow us the opportunity to share our passion for delicious food, great wine and thoughtful hospitality.
Telford, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We celebrated my in-law's 50th Wedding Anniversary at Nikolas at the Logan Inn. We were forced to reschedule this small family event just 5 days before the anniversary, because another New Hope restaurant was impossible to work with because they were "so busy". Using the good reviews at TripAdvisor to guide us, we took a leap of "faith" and took our business elsewhere. We were so glad we did! The staff at Nikolas made their first contact with us at 9 PM, the same evening I called, and everything went smoothly from there. We were seated in a beautiful location on the patio, which you would think would be iffy, even for a clear October night. But the heaters, twinkle lights and beautiful potted plants created a comfortable atmosphere that worked well for all ages. The staff was very attentive through the entire event. We choose the 4 course $55, prix fixe menu and everyone enjoyed the meals they chose. From apps to entrees, there were delighted remarks from everyone. The portions were generous, attractive and delicious. My mother-in-law really enjoyed the whole cooked fish of the day.

The restaurant does not provide special occasion cakes and we needed to order from their partner bakery in New Jersey. The bakery delivered the cake, which was convenient, but I was still very nervous to purchase from an unknown bakery when my local bakery is reliable. But the cake was lovely and an excellent value. I thought the chocolate cake was dry, but the fresh, light and not-so sweet buttercream icing made up for that. However, truthfully, I was out voted with my opinion of the cake. Everyone seemed to think it was just fine.

As you can tell, we enjoyed our evening and are so very grateful to the staff at Nikolas for their attentiveness and hospitality on our special night!

Just an FYI since we were caught off guard...the cost to park in the lot adjacent to the Logan Inn is steep. If you can't find parking on the street, the lot, depending on the time of the evening, will cost between $10 and $20 dollars. It is not associated with the Inn or surrounding businesses, but it is a reflection of the evening parking situation in New Hope. Just be prepared.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Proud_Mom42

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a a very nine place, it's clean our server was friendly.
However the service is very slow the food is great it's well made but the time in-between courses
is a very long wait, I feel they are under staffed and need to hire more people.
They keep apologizing to us but after awhile it felt like lip service.
I would recommend going because the food is very good, just make sure you don't have any plans after dinner.

New York City, New York
“Seafood disappoints”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My friend and I visited New Hope, PA and Lambertville, NJ this weekend. Reading through TripAdvisor reviews, we opted to try Nikolas at the Logan Inn for their alfresco dining. While the luncheon menu was not extensive, it was rather costly. My friend ordered North Atlantic oysters. An oyster aficionado, he thought they were distinctly scrawny and mediocre in taste. I have to agree about the size - they looked like they were in dire need of some steroids to pump themselves up a bit.
I opted for the shrimp on mixed greens. The shrimp were very small (they certainly lived up to their namesake!) and overcooked (I'm a foodie and if there's one thing I have great disdain for, it's overcooked seafood). The dressing was virtually flavorless. Overall, this culinary adventure was a culinary fiasco. Thank goodness, the weather was flawless and the ambiance, a drive away from normalcy.

Ringoes, New Jersey
“Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We took my mother to Nikolas for dinner last weekend. Unless you eat in the bar area, this is entirely a prix fixe menu with 4 full courses; an appetizer, a salad, a main (including sides) and dessert. There are several price points; $39, $55 & $75. The $79 is a Chef's Tasting Menu which we've never tried. You can't go wrong with either of the other menus. The mussels were great as was the Snapper Soup. The salads are nicely chilled and you are given a decent size portion considering that is it part of a 4 course meal. My mother (who lived near the ocean most of her life) said that it was the best crab cake she's ever eaten. It is pretty much all lump crab that is encased in a phyllo pastry and served with a roasted pepper sauce. I tried the Chicken which far exceeded my expectations. The chicken was moist and tender with a lovely panko crust. The porcini stuffed gnocchi were light and delicious! I would definitely order this again. My husband had the salmon fettuccine which was also excellent. You can't go wrong with any of the desserts although I am addicted to the Flourless Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Gelato. I'm glad that we joined their "frequent diner" club since we already had $25 credit which was automatically deducted from our check. No card needed; just give them your phone number and they can look it up for you.

“Great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We did the prix fixe at the $55 price and it was excellent. We did not do the wine pairing, and just ordered drinks off the menu. Each course was better than the last. Our server was friendly and attentive. We were impressed and will definitely return!