“Never Disappoints”

Ranked #44 of 94 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nikolas at the Logan Inn is located in the heart of downtown New Hope, serving vibrant Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The restaurant takes American fare like steak and lobster and infuses them with Mediterranean flavors and spirit. The menu draws inspiration from throughout the region including Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey, while focusing on fresh seafood and prime meats. Whole fish, octopus, lamb and Kobe steaks are just a few of the outstanding items offered at Nikolas. The team at Nikolas aims to provide a warm and inviting dining experience with exceptional and unique food, personalized hospitality and professional service in a beautiful setting. We invite you to join us at Nikolas and allow us the opportunity to share our passion for delicious food, great wine and thoughtful hospitality.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We took my mother to Nikolas for dinner last weekend. Unless you eat in the bar area, this is entirely a prix fixe menu with 4 full courses; an appetizer, a salad, a main (including sides) and dessert. There are several price points; $39, $55 & $75. The $79 is a Chef's Tasting Menu which we've never tried. You can't go wrong with either of the other menus. The mussels were great as was the Snapper Soup. The salads are nicely chilled and you are given a decent size portion considering that is it part of a 4 course meal. My mother (who lived near the ocean most of her life) said that it was the best crab cake she's ever eaten. It is pretty much all lump crab that is encased in a phyllo pastry and served with a roasted pepper sauce. I tried the Chicken which far exceeded my expectations. The chicken was moist and tender with a lovely panko crust. The porcini stuffed gnocchi were light and delicious! I would definitely order this again. My husband had the salmon fettuccine which was also excellent. You can't go wrong with any of the desserts although I am addicted to the Flourless Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Gelato. I'm glad that we joined their "frequent diner" club since we already had $25 credit which was automatically deducted from our check. No card needed; just give them your phone number and they can look it up for you.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We did the prix fixe at the $55 price and it was excellent. We did not do the wine pairing, and just ordered drinks off the menu. Each course was better than the last. Our server was friendly and attentive. We were impressed and will definitely return!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I will say our food was excellent from start to finish. We had company in from out of town for the Labor Day weekend to celebrate my husband's birthday. As locals, we had dined in the past at the Logan Inn, however, this was our first experience at Nikola's. Although we thoroughly enjoyed the food and ambiance on the outdoor terrace, the service was not up to par on this night. Three out of the four people we interacted with were downright unfriendly. No greeting, no smiles, and a general lack of caring. We had a waitress and a waiter sharing duties. Waiter was wonderful - friendly and efficient. The waitress.... was not. She was at times curt and rude in her responses. When you're spending well over $200 on dinner it's difficult to justify this kind of service. Since it was a special occasion we did not want to mar the evening by drawing attention to what was going wrong throughout the evening. We live in New Hope so we'll probably give them another try at some point. I must say - We were all very impressed with the food!!

1  Thank Natplus2
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

First of all the place was swarming with flies. Second, the food WS terrible. My girlfriend ordered a salad. The salad was half rotten. I ordered a burger. This place used to be my favorite for burgers. She. I got my burger, it was cold. I returned it. When I got a new burger it was well done, not only that, it was a burger that was prepared beforehand and reheated. It was dry, hard, had no juice, sizzling on the outside and cold inside. And for that $20 ?!?! There are better and cheaper places for burgers in New Hope, and you will not get yesterday's burger!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

While I was not impressed by our hotel stay (same owner as the Logan Inn) dinner was wonderful. There were about eight of us and we chose one of the tasting menus paired with wine. I thought the wines would be sample sized but each course came with a generous glass and the wait staff explained all the food and wine. Each course was better than the last. The service, the food and the company were all good. I recommend this restaurant and will definitely go back for dinner.