“Yes, I am a wine snob”

Ranked #38 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nikolas at the Logan Inn is located in the heart of downtown New Hope, serving vibrant Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The restaurant takes American fare like steak and lobster and infuses them with Mediterranean flavors and spirit. The menu draws inspiration from throughout the region including Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey, while focusing on fresh seafood and prime meats. Whole fish, octopus, lamb and Kobe steaks are just a few of the outstanding items offered at Nikolas. The team at Nikolas aims to provide a warm and inviting dining experience with exceptional and unique food, personalized hospitality and professional service in a beautiful setting. We invite you to join us at Nikolas and allow us the opportunity to share our passion for delicious food, great wine and thoughtful hospitality.
Morristown,NJ
“Yes, I am a wine snob”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

so I decided to try Nikolas based on it's pairing menu. I had been working hard and decided to treat myself. I made a great choice! I had the four course tasting meal - Hummus plate (which included Tzatziki, zucchini fritters, olives, stuffed grape leaves and grilled pita. Everything was great, but the stuffed great leaves were outstanding. This was paired with a Greek Assyrtiko that was very fine. A Caesar salad paired with a very intriguing Soave was great. MY entree was a grilled snapper served with swiss chard and fava bean puree was absolutely sublime. It was the best fish I have eaten since leaving Europe. That was served with a very good Falanghina. Dessert was probably the weakest course, so I'll refrain from comment, other than to say it was more my problem than the restaurants. The bill was about $75 and I'd say that was quite reasonale given the size of the pours. Service was good - the wine service was particularly worth noting. I'm not sure the idea of only prix fixe dining will work for everybody, but it did for me!

Loudonville, New York
“Nice outdoor seating”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The space was great. Being outside on a warm summer day watching the people go by was a nice touch. The food was fine but nothing spectacular. Service was very good. Drinks were way overpriced. (My wife's gin and tonic hardly had a hint of gin)

Visited August 2013
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nick welcomed me and my friend with open arms while we were deciding to dine at Nikolas after our 6 mile walk. Nick assured us if we waited a half hour for the dinner time to start that we wouldn't he disappointed and he was right. We stayed and ordered from the Prix Fixe menu, which turned out to be very reasonable, perfectly proportioned and delicious. The staff was friendly and provided great food suggestions. The atmosphere was cozy and comfortable. Nick thank you for your attentiveness and we will be back to try more on the menu.

long island
“better than expected”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

last we were at logan's inn in new hope, their outdoor dining was standard american fare. since we love mediteranean food we decided to go with open table raves about Nickolas. This restaurant belongs here, yes, but in NY as well so that I can visit it on a weekly basis. Three prix fix menu choices, each offering more courses or different choices- with or without wine airings, the choices were $39 or $55 for 4 courses or $75 for the 7 course chef's tasting menu. These are the prices without wine. The food was fantastic! hummos platter with toasted pita triangles and grape leaves and zucchini fritters. crab cakes in phyllo dough with a kale saute and a whole branzini perfectly charred. the service was professional and gracious and the desserts, esp the fig gelati was perfect. Wish i could have taken this place home with me!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant a la carte at the bar”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed a pleasant dining experience in the bar area of Nikolas. It was raining, but thanks to the tent, we still dined outdoors on a warm early evening. The server was great - pleasant, accommodating -even giving us a sample from their extensive beer and ale list prior to our order. The food was quite good. Overall, a very positive experience. We will return.

Visited July 2013