“Pleasant a la carte at the bar”
Review of Nikolas

Nikolas
Ranked #40 of 91 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nikolas at the Logan Inn is located in the heart of downtown New Hope, serving vibrant Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The restaurant takes American fare like steak and lobster and infuses them with Mediterranean flavors and spirit. The menu draws inspiration from throughout the region including Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey, while focusing on fresh seafood and prime meats. Whole fish, octopus, lamb and Kobe steaks are just a few of the outstanding items offered at Nikolas. The team at Nikolas aims to provide a warm and inviting dining experience with exceptional and unique food, personalized hospitality and professional service in a beautiful setting. We invite you to join us at Nikolas and allow us the opportunity to share our passion for delicious food, great wine and thoughtful hospitality.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed a pleasant dining experience in the bar area of Nikolas. It was raining, but thanks to the tent, we still dined outdoors on a warm early evening. The server was great - pleasant, accommodating -even giving us a sample from their extensive beer and ale list prior to our order. The food was quite good. Overall, a very positive experience. We will return.

There are newer reviews for Nikolas

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We decided to try a new place... so we headed to Nikolas, but unfortunately we won't be going back. My Caeser salad had watery dressing and bland croutons, my crab cakes had no flavor at all and my spinach had sand in it... it was like a was eating a beach, I tried, but eventually gave up on them.My husband had the steak and said that it was okay - but when I told him about the grit in my greens, he said he had the same thing going on with the greens in his appetizer.
We really wanted to like this experience, we love New Hope, but this was a let down. Maybe it was just a bad night. The server was really nice and very helpful though.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were at Nikolas on 7/27/13 to celebrate our anniversary. I had some doubts about the fixed price menu but decided to try it out. I am so glad we made this choice. We went with the 4 course menu and wine pairing. Our dinner started out with a surprise glass of sparkling wine to enjoy while making our choices. I began with the seared octopus....delicious!! Next, a beet salad...incredible. My entrée was the twin lobster tails..outstanding! Dessert..flourless chocolate cake and a glass of port..decadent!! My husband's choices were equally fantastic! Portions were ample. We had just the right amount of wine served by a very knowledgeable staff member. She was informative without being pretentious. The rest of the staff was friendly and accommodating. Service was slow enough to enjoy each course and fast enough that it didn't "drag". All in all, an excellent way to celebrate our special occasion! Do not have a doubt...Nikolas is worth every penny if you are looking for wonderful food, fantastic wine, and excellent service!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have eaten at the Logan Inn several times over the past years, but I have to say that Nikolas is the best so far. The menu consists of several choices of tasting menus which may be paired with wine from the Mediterranean area. We chose the premium 4 course dinner paired with wines. The octopus and the beet salad were both among the best I have ever eaten. The lobster tails and Filet Mignon were cooked perfectly and the desserts were terrific. The staff seemed to be very knowledgable about the wines and we very much enjoyed the pairings provided. There is a large outdoor seating area directly on River Rd. which is active and fun. We chose indoor seating as it was a particularly warm evening, but we still had a front view and the beautiful stone wall of the hotel on our other side.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Fixed price (not reflected on website). Expensive, No California wines. No substitutes of vegtables. 4 and 7 course meal only.

Logan_Inn_Mngr, Front Office Manager at Nikolas, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear TA1666,
Thank you for the feedback on your July 25th visit. I'm sorry you didn't find a wine from California on our list. On the list of bottled wines, approximately 10% of our 300+ offerings are from California. It is true, at Nikolas we don't offer California wines by the glass at this time, but we may consider some in the future. On your next visit, we invite you talk with one of our four staff sommeliers who can help you choose a wine you'll love, that will perfectly pair with your meal! "Overseen by certified sommelier Nick Gialias, the award-winning wine program at Nikolas focuses on well-crafted wines that complement the Meditterranean-inspired menu created by executive chef Elliot Matos. While the primary source is the Old World, the list includes many carefully selected New World wines from around the globe." Best regards, Sharon Fast for Logan Inn