“What A Great Night!”

Ranked #40 of 91 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nikolas at the Logan Inn is located in the heart of downtown New Hope, serving vibrant Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The restaurant takes American fare like steak and lobster and infuses them with Mediterranean flavors and spirit. The menu draws inspiration from throughout the region including Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey, while focusing on fresh seafood and prime meats. Whole fish, octopus, lamb and Kobe steaks are just a few of the outstanding items offered at Nikolas. The team at Nikolas aims to provide a warm and inviting dining experience with exceptional and unique food, personalized hospitality and professional service in a beautiful setting. We invite you to join us at Nikolas and allow us the opportunity to share our passion for delicious food, great wine and thoughtful hospitality.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spousal unit and I were walking around New Hope, Pennsylvania last night, and discovered that the Logan Inn has turned over the restaurant to a concern that is running it as Nikolas. We decided to just sashay in and see if we could get a table. The Hostess came by and seated us a a nice two-top in the former porch area, which was completely enclosed and just a little bit chilly, but only necessitated my wearing my shawl for a few minutes, until i warmed up :-)

The menu is novel, in that everything is organized by tastings. these start with $35.00 tastings (a little more with selected wine accompaniments) and go up in price. With each level comes more courses. We didn't opt for the 7 course tasting; we went for the four course tasting without wines. Our server, Anthony, was really pleasant, funny and, as we are also pleasant and funny, we got along very well. He was helpful and accomodating, as i was loath to take the heads of my shrimp off, myself, he arranged with the chef to serve them "naked", as he put it.

clams casino and caesar salad were my openers. both wonderful - the clams were really a blend of flavors with chunks of clam - and S.U. had the soup and salad. For the main, I had the shrimp and scallop, with pasta and veggies. S.U. had the filet mignon, with potato puff and veggies. I feel that the portions were perfect, as we don't eat like the average diner (I think) and were totally satisfied, but not egregiously stuffed by the time dessert rolled around.

Anthony recommended the bread pudding, which was kind of creamy and very flavorful. S.U. had the Greek dessert (which name I don't remember) and he enjoyed that a lot, as well. It was, I'll have to add, extremely rich. If you don't eat a lot of rich food, this greek dessert may give you a problem :-)

I might get the wine accompaniment, next time, as the price of wine, per glass, ended up being almost the same as the higher priced option. I must add that our waiter was very happy to let me taste the wine that he suggested prior to my ordering it. It's that kind of place.

We will be going back!

5  Thank parismomm
There are newer reviews for Nikolas

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Went there on a Thursday night about 7:00 pm. We wanted to eat inside, but were told they were only seating outside. (I guess people don't mind getting bitten by mosquitoes). OK there were plenty of open tables and we wanted to try the tasting menu.

The hostess told us we would have to wait as the waiters needed to "catch up". With what I don't know, and we could sit behind her on two chairs or go to the bar in the middle and wait.
We went to the bar in the middle, ordered drinks, drank them and still no table. I saw people behind us eating lobster out of pots and inquired about it and was told it was a clambake. I asked it we could have a table (this is actually considered the Logan Inn, even though they are connected) and was seated in 2 minutes.

Ordered two more drinks, then ordered dinner. Finally someone comes over from Nikolas and says "did you put in your name over there"? Well yes, about 45 minutes ago.

Had they sat me at a table, brought me over drinks from the bar which was only 20 steps away I would have stayed,(the whole time the hostess did nothing but stand behind a podium) but to send me over to the bar when it wasn't even crowded and only come over only when I'm seated on the other side is beyond belief.

Horrible treatment of customers and poor business practice.

3  Thank Robforty