“Great food and a great evening”

Inn at Phillip's Mill Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 94 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Dawn saved the day by multitasking as our hostess, waitress, bus person etc. it was supposed to be a slow night but it was a busy Tuesday. Dawn rose to the occasion. We did not feel rushed nor did we feel abandoned. Dawn went through all the specials without a hitch. We had a great time connecting with our friends. Dawn's service kept us relaxed.

Our salads were delicious. I had the Caesar Salad, my husband had the endive and Apple salad, and our friend had the crab meat salad.

The main courses were also quite tasty. My friend and I had scallops. Light, buttery and the vegetables were fresh and interesting. My other friend had the white, flaky cod that he enjoyed. My husband had London Broil which was cooked perfectly with a delicious sauce. He thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was a memorable evening and we hope to have another. Especially in the warmer weather!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This week was Restaurant week in the New Hope, Pa. My wife is always looking for great food at a bargain. Earlier in the week we had the misfortune of trying a "bargain" at a top end restaurant in Lambertville (across the Delaware) and invited our old friends from out of state. We were mortified at the result. This time we tried, with trepidation, the Inn at Phillip's Mill. I don't remember having a better meal at twice the price. The food was served in a timely manner, hot (don't touch the plates), delicious and reasonable portions. The waitress (Jane), a school teacher, was courteous, attentive, and made us feel like we were previous 100% tippers. I don't eat out often because my wife and daugter are excellent cooks, but this experience will be repeated even at twice the cost. I also was advised that Robert, former owner and chef at Mitchell's Cafe and Marcellas, was in the kitchen. He has been missed for several years but now that we know where he exercises his years of cooking magic, we will be back for the experience. Five stars for you! Doc Marty

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We visited this restaurant last week and absolutely loved our meal and the overall experience. There were 2 couples at the table and the service was top-notch. We saw the other reviews talking about negative experiences with the service and were a bit worried, but were very pleasantly surprised. It was a cool evening and the fireplaces were lit. They added to the ambiance and mood of the evening. We loved the filet mignon with blue cheese butter! The whole meal was something that all 4 of us enjoyed and would highly recommend it to others.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I've never had anything other than wonderful food with great service. Staff are knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. They know the menu and can readily answer any questions about it. The menu selections are not run-of-mill, generous portions and all fresh ingredients. The atmosphere is romantic, cozy, comfortable and the lighting is dim and décor is old-world. It's a BYOB, which is so nice. It's always one of my favorite dining experiences.

1  Thank catcat6327
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Visited on Saturday for dinner. Started with the Caesar salad which was prepared with plenty of cheese and white anchovies (I'm pretty sure they were white, it was romantically dark in our corner!). Followed with Chicken Francese. Excellent, but personally I prefer the chicken with mustard sauce, which is a menu staple. My wife had the cod. The portions were generous.

Was everything perfect? It was a busy night and we had to wait about 15 minutes, but we were seated at a wood burning fireplace, which was fine. The table behind us was a little loud, but to their credit they dropped the volume when I politely asked.

The food and atmosphere were excellent. Will be back soon.