“Who knew?”

Blue Moose Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an intimate BYOB in the heart of New Hope, Pa. We offer locally sourced and creative New American cuisine!
Pennsylvania
“Who knew?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is owned and staffed by 20 somethings who bring flair,passion and fun to a town bereft of anywhere descent to eat.Their menus are eclectic,prices are reasonable and the Sunday brunch is outstanding.

1 Thank sweetiesPennsylvania

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
“A Don't MIss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

OK - don't get mad at me - but for the first time in my life I told a chef/owner of a restaurant that he was shortchanging himself and should charge more for dinner!

The chef in question is Skylar Bird and he has a great looking/feeling place in the middle of New Hope.

On Friday & Saturday nights there is only the 3 course, $27 tasting menu to choose from. There were 3 of us so we were able to sample a variety of his offerings. There were 2 soups but we both picked the same delicious creamy potato one, with a Green Tomato Salad being the other pick. (And there had to be at least another 4 salad choices.)

For our entrées, all were particularly good but the Fish of the Day (Stuffed Flounder with Tarragon Cream) was the overall "winner". The Beef Bourguignon was delicious and fit into the chilly feeling of our walk over to the restaurant. The Ginger Beer Braised Pork Shank was also very good.

Since it was a tasting menu, we all got to pick a dessert and any one of them would have been enough to serve all 3 of us. All were delicious.

So before the chef takes my advice (and even if he already has) make this a place to try. It's cash only & BYO

1 Thank Jimrad
South Jersey
“Deserves a "Six"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Cafe Blue Moose last evening. I had read a number of very good reviews of the French influenced restaurant, and made reservations (good idea). Upon arrival we were seated, drink orders taken and bread and popcorn served..Our waitress was very helpful in assisting with selections for our 3 course meal. My wife's Pumpkin Bisque was something that she said was absolutely delicious..I was very impressed with my Caesar Salad which was a large serving that included avocado, goat cheese and bacon. It was extremely fresh and tasty. My entree was the Braised Pork Shank while my wife had the Beef Bourguignon. Both were excellent, tender and very attractively presented. The desserts of Creme Brulee, and Chocolate Mous were amazing. The Blue Moose is a "must dine" establishment in the New Hope area in my opinion. The staff are are young, friendly and very helpful. Due to its popularity and small size , reservations are highly recommended..I wish I could give the Cafe Blue Moose a 6 rating..

1 Thank ricardomnt
Frenchtown, New Jersey
“Eclectic funky environment/delicous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Loved this place and the background story behind the owner and its origins. The decor was fun and different and the food was vibrant & super delicious. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited July 2013
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
“Lovin' the Blue Moose”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Wonderful find in New Hope! Three course menu (appetizer, main dish, dessert) was delicious and beautifully presented. Great service too. Will definitely return!