“BRAVO!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Moose Restaurant & Cafe

Blue Moose Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an intimate BYOB in the heart of New Hope, Pa. We offer locally sourced and creative New American cuisine!
“BRAVO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Last Sunday evening my husband and I had dinner at this cute little café. It’s such a unique idea for a restaurant and from the décor to the location to the servers it’s simply charming. We made reservations and it was a good thing because the place was fully seated. Since it was Sunday night, I wasn’t expecting it to be but I think the secret is out.

We opted to sit on the deck outside because it was a little warm for me in the restaurant, we were the only ones out there. It occurred to me that every place in New Hope seems to need a good power wash. The deck could have been a little nicer decorated with proper lighting, but we didn’t care. If you mind that sort of thing; then just stay inside because it’s adorable inside. (I realize, that’s nit-picky but I want to give a comprehensive review)

The food…oh, delicious! We started with salads which were the perfect size, dressed well and not stingy on the pecans. My main course was the braised ribs, they were tender and flavorful, zesty and well seasoned. They came with julienne carrots and this savory butternut squash puree. The puree must have had a gallon of butter in it because it was just marvelous. Serving size on my dish was huge! I had about 1.5 cups of mashed potatoes made from scratch. I felt bad because I couldn’t take them with me and I couldn’t have eaten them all. My husband had the fettuccine which was a more appropriate serving size and equally yummy. We shared a brownie for dessert, one on the best I’ve ever eaten.

Our check was a mere $49 bucks, which included 2 dinners, 1 dessert, coffee & tea! On the way out we were offered our choice of free pastries which we declined because we were just stuffed! This place is great and we will definitely visit again. I highly recommend this establishment to all.

Well done to this youth run BYOB!

1 Thank NM18976

Chadds Ford, PA
“Interesting restaurant - great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We joined 4 friends for a late Saturday dinner - this is a real gem. Great food, BYO and prices that can't be beat. 2 courses for $20 and 3 courses for $25. Lots of choices, fish, meat, veggie options. All prepared and served by a very young staff- cehf is 20 serers are all teens. Bread and desserts are baked on premises delicious. Worth a try and trip to New Hope for.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank redbubbie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Most awesome BYO in New Hope”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We discovered Blue Moose by accident in April and we've gone every week for either dinner or Sunday brunch (we live about 45 minutes away). We have never been disappointed, yes it is a youth run restaurant - but the staff is the most motivated and pleasant bunch of servers I've ever encountered. The menu features much locally grown produce and Chef Skylar makes scrumptious bread & desserts I've ever had! We try something new each time we come, except I am partial to the latest Salmon entree, I must admit - I've had it a few times. The carrot puree is to die for and the soups and salads are impressive. The portions are generous and the prices are unbeatable. Make a reservation, this gem gets sold out Fridays and Saturday each week! Last night I had to take home the beef, lentil samosas with apple chutney - my daughter insisted on it!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cogana
Lambertville, New Jersey
“The BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Once again a delicious meal at the cafe blue moose!!! I tried the new vegetarian dish tonight and it went straight to the top of my list with it's mouth-watering butternut squash! Also enjoyed the new desert, pumpkin squares with a cream cheese frosting next to a heaping scoop of coffee ice cream. This restaurant is one of kind in that it not only puts out excellent food night after night, but is also training, preparing, and inspiring the youth it employs to continue to persue culinary careers! By far my favorite place to go in New Hope.

2 Thank Justin16
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“What an awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

A few weeks ago, my husband, daughter and son in law went to this restaurant and we loved it! I had been there once before with a large group of friends from our favorite Inn in New Hope, Porches on the Towpath, and we had a wonderful meal but was slightly hesitant to bring my foodie husband here as he can sometimes be a little critical (Sorry Dear). This restaurant is run by young people and the chef is only 20 years old. He has been cooking since he was 6 and has trained in France. What a bargain as well as GREAT food!!! My husband had the pork shoulder and absolutely loved it. My SIL and I had the steak and frites and they were to die for. My daughter had the chicken and that was great too. The salads were great, fresh and plentiful and the desserts unreal. We can't believe you can get this quality of food for a price fix of $25.
The decor was really unusual and fun. The only criticism I would have was the long wait to get in. Our original reservations were at 8 pm and they called us that day to move it to 8:30. When we got there we still had to wait another 20 minutes and there is really no place to wait as the place is small. They did bring me a chair though since I had an injury and needed to sit down. Because the staff is so young it seems they have a problem moving tables but they were so accommidating and nice it almost didn't matter.
Next time you are in New Hope, check this place out...you will love it!!!!!

2 Thank phillygal2