$67
$219
Logan Inn(New Hope)
$180
$350
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 31, 2016

Booked a room overnight Sunday to Monday Memorial Day weekend. I live in center city Philly so it is a convenient trip. I have been going to the Raven for years and I understand that there will be noise from the club/dance floor later in the evening. My issue was I was harassed by a gentlemen and his 'girlfriend' at the front door to my room Sunday night. As I walked out to return to my friends at the bar, a man approached me and insisted that his friend had reserved and paid for her room that night (it was about 10:0pm). The couple appeared to be very drunk. The man asked for my receipt and I was very confused because I didn't know if he was a staff member or not. My friend pulled me back into the bar before the situation got worse and I didn't hear anything else about it. There seemed to be general confusion earlier in the day - when I checked in there were someone else's bags in the room! (it was later corrected and the bags were removed). The main selling point is the pool and the gay clientele - but seems in New Hope this is the only place for the gay boys to go. Oh - and parking will be a pain too if there an many people in the pool area - there is no separate parking for hotel guests!

Room Tip: just make sure to get room away from the dance floor
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2016

Really regret staying here, Horrible Hotel! My friend and I returned to New Hope for a 20 year high school reunion. The Raven was the only place under $200/night near downtown New Hope. We were rushed to find a place and once we landed in this dump, we didn't have time to leave it and find another hotel on the fly.

First, it was hard to make a reservation. I called and the man on the phone was nice, but didn't know much about the hotel. He said the manager would call me back to answer my questions. No phone call. So I reserved online. The hotel website was decent, but my friend and I neglected to do our online research to find out how horrible this place was. After online reservation, I never received email confirmation. I had to call for that.

When I arrived, I drove into an ugly parking lot. No clear entrance. Found a door, walked into what looked like a restaurant, no front desk. No one helped me. Walked out, drove around the awkward pool/outdoor patio structure to the other parking lot. Found another door, walked into a dive bar. Got back in car, drove to first parking lot, into restaurant again, and confronted a waitress about hotel reservation. She helped me, got card keys.

We were room #6, the room closest to the restaurant/club door. No privacy. Throughout the night, the music was booming and it was like THE PARTY WAS IN OUR ROOM! The patrons socialized right outside the club door, smoking, laughing, coming and going, so it was super awkward to walk in and out of our hotel room.

The room itself is useless. Very poor lighting, no full length mirror, no storage furniture, laughable desk, non-functioning TV, dinky curtains, old feeling, ants on the floor, small bathroom, few outlets. The only good thing was wireless internet. It was an awkward, uncomfortable room. Not a place to relax, not a place to want to stay. Icky.

Since there's no front desk, there's no help. No one to ask questions to. To check out, we just threw the cards on the bed and locked the door on our way out.

Late at night, the parking lot is jammed. So even hotel patrons who PAY FOR THE NIGHT have NO PARKING.

We wrote an email of complaint to the owner, Steve Lau. He responded by lauding his renovation plans for a future Art Hotel, restaurant, and blah, blah blah. Will give us a future free night and restaurant gift certificate. We will never stay at such a terribly managed business. Hotel violates so many rules, I'm sure it's illegitimate.

Owner Steve Lau should give us full refund. Full $162 refund. The room was really only worth $25.

HORRIBLE HOTEL.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
3  Thank Minakawa-Parker
Reviewed January 14, 2016 via mobile

Had a great kunch. Go for the specials. Drinks were excellent as well. Marty , the bartender , is a,great mixologist and quite entertaining. He also does,a drag show every 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank Ed K
Reviewed December 15, 2015

From the time we pulled in till the time we went to sleep we had a blast. The bartender was attentive and made a great martini. Our rooms were kind of clean. The carpets were a bit worn and the shower could have been cleaner, but that all didn't matter because we were having so much fun. Dinner was excellent as well as the service. we would surely go back.

Room Tip: rooms 9 and 10 are furthest from the bar
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2015

Can only offer a review of the pool area, as we visited the Raven to lay by the pool for the day (day pass is $5 on weekdays). Great pool, plenty of lounge chairs, tasteful music (not too loud), and food/drinks available at the cabana bar. Everyone was friendly (this is a gay bar, fyi, but welcomes everyone). A great destination for a day in the sun!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends