“Finally made it”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Finally made it”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've been trying to get in here for a while but never plan in advance. I was lucky enough to sneak in last night and was not disappointed. Given the reviews here, I expected a cordial, engaging night with the staff and it was terrific.

Great food with salads and appys served family style, entrees individually. We sat on the porch and the chef, Joe, visited us several times and say and chatted with us. The service was paced for you. In our case, we stayed several hours.

I'll be back.

• Visited September 2013

Lambertville, New Jersey
“Real Italian”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

A really quaint little place where there is no menu, your waitress will let you know what's being done that day. The food is excellent!! It's a BYOB. If I had to name a negative it would be the A/C is inadequate in the summer, since it's an open kitchen. I would definitely recommend Italian Cucina.

• Visited October 2012
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Great little place with excellent food and service. Make sure you have reservations, the nightly seating is very limited. Not cheap, but worth the price.

• Visited August 2013
Sonoma County, California
“YUM”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Well, the first thing you should know about this restaurant is that they serve everything family-style. This was such a plus because you could taste everything! :) The food was delicious. My only complaint was that the menu is "verbal," meaning there is nothing to look at and you have to memorize all of your options on the spot. There were four of us, so we remembered most of it, but still had to ask again about a few things. I saw the waitress having to write down a list of menu options for an older couple at the table next to us because they couldn't remember the choices... it would just be easier if they had a chalkboard or photocopied the menu each night.

That said, the food was great. We started with the clams, which we delicious, although we didn't know if they really needed the prosciutto that was added on top. Our next dish was the sacatini pasta (little pouches filled with 6 types of cheese). We chose the marinara sauce on top, and added crab, which was not necessary. The pasta was delicious, and just needed sauce. Next up was the sausage, which was so dense we weren't sure if it was meatballs or sausage. But, extremely yummy. Next was our favorite dish - raviolis with heirloom tomatoes and spinach with pesto sauce. WOW. So good, we wanted to lick the plate! Last up was the pork tenderloin stuffed with parsley and cheese, wrapped in prosciutto, served at room temperature. Not my favorite dish - it was kind of a let down, especially after the amazing raviolis. My advice is to stick with the pastas here.

The decor is shabby chic at best, but who cares when the food is so good? We had an expensive bottle of Brunello that someone brought back from Italy with our dinner, and it was not wasted on this food! Will come back in a heartbeat. Oh! Also, there were no prices listed because there was no menu, so we didn't know what to expect when the bill arrived, but wow were we pleasantly surprised! Just over $100 for the four of us with all of the above dishes. Very affordable.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Peg S
Stockton, NJ
“Good thing they are not all this good”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

If all resturants in New Hope had this same magical formula I would weigh 300lbs. Joe has become family to me, my family and my friends. So its not just about excellent food, its about an experience. You go to enjoy: the food, the cramped quarters, the feeling you fell back in time to a place where you can relax with friends and eat things you would not attempt to cook at home. I've mentioned to people this is part theater, part dinner because you dont go in and read a menu and order...there is no menu! You listen and are overwhemed with choices and take it one step at a time....and every step I have taken there in four years has been in the right direction.

• Visited June 2013