“Food is good but service leaves a lot to be desired.”
Review of sprig and vine

sprig and vine
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in New Hope
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Food is good but service leaves a lot to be desired.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time i have been to this restaurant and i have yet to experiencce even mediocre service. The food is really good but you have to decide if you have two hours to devote to a one hour meal. They don't even really seeem to care. There is a kind of vegan snoberry about the place that is annoying to people trying to experience the vegan dishes. The disappointing aspect of that is if they got the service right, they could potentially be one of the best restaurants in the area regardless of the cuisine. My experience is that they don't care what your service comments are. So as long as you are ok with crummy service with good food you are fine. My question though is why wouldn't the owners want you to have both?

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Scott W

Dallas, Pa
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hands down the best vegetarian restaurant I have ever eaten at! The green onion pancake rolls were so good, we ordered two! The baby artichoke small plate was to die for! I loved my jasmine rice cakes & my sister-in-law's pan seared tofu was divine, you will enjoy your meal here whether or not you are vegetarian!

• Visited May 2013
Philadelphia
“Sprig + Vine = Divine!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Sprig and Vine is my favorite restaurant in New Hope and I eat there as much as I can afford to and it never fails me. I'm a vegetarian leaning vegan so you can imagine my utter delight when Sprig and Vine opened a few years ago. I love the appetizers, they're all so special and delightful and fresh and delicious. It's important when you go there to order quite a few small plates and share. Choose whatever appeals to from the menu description. They're all divine! Some of my faves include the edamame falafel which is a lovely switch from the much loved but ubiquitous chick pea falafel. It's yummy and it hits the falafel spot while giving you a new taste sensation. The green onion pancake roll is also a fun treat as is the black eyed pea & sweet potato cakes. The dinner entrees are artfully presented and equally delicious. My personal favorites are the jerk grilled tempeh and the porcini seared tofu. The chef really knows how to pair new flavors with old favorites and everything comes out looking and tasting beautiful. There's always a little surprise, an unexpected but yummy garnish or a little taste treat that you never knew how much you liked. My favorite foods at the Sprig and Vine are saved for lunch time. I love the sandwiches! I crave the oyster po'boy which is such a creative version of the old favorite that a leaning vegan now tries to stay away from. Then of course, there's something called the Vietnamese Cauliflower Banh Mi which combines so many flavors and textures that your palate can't keep up with all the bursts of delight. Of course all of the salads are divine but I'd rather rave about the things I can't make myself. I did a pretty good imitation of the po'boy I have to say but this is not about my cooking. I have never had bad service at the Sprig and Vine. Everyone is very professional, they never seem harried, the food is served promptly and water glasses kept full. Of course in servers too, I do have my favorite. Jason gives excellent service like everyone else there, but he also has a great personality. He adds a flair of charm and grace that makes the meal fun. So you really ought to try it..... you get amazing food, artistically presented, excellent service with charm and no animals were harmed in the process!! I can't wait to go back!

Visited April 2013
Englewood, Colorado
“De-lish!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had lunch here on March 30, a beautiful Saturday afternoon. It was quite busy but we were seated in a reasonable amount of time and had good service. Seems they could have used at least one more wait staff for as busy as it was. There were three of us dining and we tried several different items - two main courses and a few small appetizers. Everything was delicious! We tried the peanut butter and jelly french toast for dessert but decided it wasn't something any of us would order again. We were visiting the area for the day. I would definitely go back there again and would recommend it to anyone I know who might be visiting the area.

• Visited March 2013
Tuckahoe, New York
“The best restaurant I have EVER been to - Really!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were in Lambertville/New Hope for two days and ate here three times. The food is insanely good. I am not a vegan, but this restaurant really is the best I have ever been to and I recommend it for all. The dishes are truly inspired and you can tell the chef has spent serious time thinking about these dishes. It is not only combining unusual flavors, but also textures so the sensory experience is really at a high level. One dish I had was the soba noodles with picked veggies, chili-lime vinegar and roasted kale. Roasted Kale was fine, crunchy, incredible topper to this dish. Would also recommend the paninni, edamame-falafel wrap, and scallion-jasmine rice cakes with asparagus. Amazing as everything was cooked to perfection and the flavor explosion in your mouth - just wow. Do not miss the apple cranberry "pie", vegan ice cream, or the grilled stayman-winesap apples. Service is a tad bit slow, (but super attentive) I assume because they put immense care into food preparation. So get some beer at the microbrew a few stores down or wine (its a BYOB like most in New Hope) and a person you like to talk to. Order a small plate to start. It will be worth the wait.

• Visited March 2013