“Sandbar - beginning of a lovely evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandbar - CLOSED

Sandbar
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Sandbar - beginning of a lovely evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our party of six was planning a nice evening at the Bucks County Playhouse to see the musical IN THE MOOD. I spent some time reviewing comments for New Hope area restaurants. I decided to call the Sandbar and spoke with a pleasant person (turned out to be the manager). I made a reservation for six people at 6:00PM. I was happy to learn how close it was to the Playhouse. When we arrived, we noticed everyone eating outside. I don't think people are aware of the dining area(s) inside. The manager came right over and said it was nice meeting me in person vs our telephone conversation. The waitress was so attentive to us. I had the California Turkey Burger. Need I say that it was a very hearty portion. We were all pleased with our selection(s) Our great evening ended by attending the great musical at the Playhouse.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank marlyn h

New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Great for people watching and casual dining in New Hope”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Went for drinks and dinner on a Tuesday summer evening with friends. Sat in the railed sidewalk section, ideal for people watching. Good selection of wines by the glass - Someone put thought into it. Had a German Reisling ($ 8.00) It was a generous glass of wine. We ordered a selection of appetizers, some were 50% off on Tuesdays. Calamari good, clams good. Tuna on nachos a bit expensive ($ 13.00?) for four nachos with tuna in sauce.

Had a fish burger that was quite good and reasonably priced. ($ 10.00) Looks and sounds like a fun, lively place. Several other friends rave about it. Centrally localed on Main Street in New Hope - You are in the heart of the action.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Bryce S
New York
“Great bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Sat outside - one of the few places with liquor. Great spot and friendly staff. I would definitely visit again in teh future

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Nomski123
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Ok food, yuck service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

After some of the locals said try the Sandbar on a weeknight, they have great food and specials, we thought, "Why not?" Upon arrival, the servers were more into chatting among themselves than greeting us. The bartender, Jill, was okay; there are certain mixed drinks that she shared that she did not like making. I guess we should have been more accomodating and changed our selection; however, they were good. Food was "eh"...basic food. There was so much hullabaloo about the Cuban "flair" with the menu selections, but there was so flair in the taste. The server stated that she was new. Missing silverware, side plates, needing to remind for some parts of the order, refilling drinks, asking for the check, hearing her yell in the kitchen, not bringing the check when asked...found her out chatting it up wit a cute guy - he might have been a customer or an employee at the bar... Yes, if I had a choice, I would have been talking to the bartender as well just don't get a job here an claim to be our server if you are providing service elsewhere.

• Visited August 2012
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Accommodating for a gluten free diet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Recently my husband and I spent the day in New Hope. At each restaurant we approached, I asked if they could accommodate someone on a gluten free diet. A few of the staff looked at me as if they had never heard of "gluten free." Finally we ended up at The Sandbar. When I asked, my husband and I were referred to one of the staff members who knew what "gluten free" meant and made suggestions. She also said that she would alert the kitchen staff when it came to preparing my meal. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my selection without the stress of not knowing if it was safe for me to eat! Thanks, Sandbar staff! On my next trip to New Hope, I will be eating at The Sandbar!!!

• Visited June 2012