“Desperately Overpriced.”

New Hope & Ivyland Railroad
Ranked #4 of 30 things to do in New Hope
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic train ride through the Pennsylvania countryside.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Desperately Overpriced.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We took my preschooler on the Easter Bunny Express ride. The ride itself was cute and it was a neat idea, but the ride itself was very overpriced. The ride is very short and the entire visit with the bunny is very rushed. I thought it was a little strange they have the kids stand up next to the Easter bunny (he doesn't stabilize them at all, despite being on a moving train when they take the photo...) At the end of the train ride, they offered a photo of my daughter for $!5 where she wasn't even looking at the camera. Um, no thanks. They gave her a little goodie bag which was cute and she enjoyed. It was quite cold the day we went for the ride and there was nowhere to sit inside. We got there just as the train was leaving, so we decided to grab some lunch. My "grilled cheese" was a rubbery piece of cheese on two pieces of Wonderbread- this sandwich hadn't been microwaved, nonetheless grilled. It was pretty awful for a very uncomplicated sandwich. They also have things on the menu that they do not sell (for example root beer). There is a super tiny carousel on the platform that only works on one side. Everything just has a rundown feeling and needs to be updated, badly. In the meantime, prices needed to be driven down. Maybe go once if your kid is just itching to go on a train ride, but otherwise, I really would not recommend it.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank worldwidewyatt

Lambertville, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“It's all right, a bit overpriced”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My 3 year old son had a blast. I won't deny that. But as an adult, there really isn't much to this train and definitely not worth the extortion like prices they charge.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jlaggini
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“My son loves this!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My son (7) loves this literally moving piece of history. So do I. The Railroad has a number of interesting locomotives and carriages. They do simple train rides along approx. 7 miles of restored track that goes through some beautiful countryside just outside of New Hope. At various times of year they also do 'specials'. Nothing beats the smell, hissing and general noise of a cool steam engine coming to life. I love it and would recommend it to anyone for a treat and a nice day out.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Willowtree123
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great for the little ones at XMAS”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although a little pricey, the Santa Express was very enjoyable for the whole family. Was a great experience for the little guys and a cherished memory for us parents :o)

1 Thank Kimmie1207
New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Lots of fun for train enthusiasts”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My son (well, actually, my husband too), really enjoyed this. We went on a lovely fall day so the trip through the woods was particularly lovely.

1 Thank IMLY