“Awonderful trip back in time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #6 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Hugo
“Awonderful trip back in time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2006

At the end of August, 2005, my husband and I traveled to the town of New Hope, PA, to visit our son. This was our first trip to Pennsylvania and it turned out to be a most wonderful and memorable trip! We found the Wedgwood Inn online when searching for lodging -- of all the B & B's in the area, this one was the most attractive to us as far as ammenities, price, location. We were SO very impressed with the place! We had so much fun -- the owners, Carl and Nadine, were wonderful hosts, the staff was the epitome of great customer service! The house and grounds are absolutely beautiful, the rooms comfortable and inviting. There is so much history in the town of New Hope, and the Wedgwood is right in the heart of town, just a couple of blocks from the Main Street and the Delaware River. I look forward to going back again to visit this beautiful town and this beautiful Inn! If you want to experience some great American history and stay in a wonderful B & B, the Wedgwood is definitely the place! Thanks, Carl and Nadine!

• Liked — location, price, food, staff, everything
  • Tips/Secrets — they have some great onling specials
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
29 Thank Minnesota55038

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2006

We had gone to the Arron Burr house, one of the 3 of the collection of inns on our first anniversary 16 years ago and now returned this year with our 10 year old to the Wedgewood. We loved it all over again. . Everyone one was friendly and very hospitable,our daughter loved it ! It is suitable for families. We stayed in the loft, and it was "a fun adventure", as our daughter put it. Feels like you step back in time. Great place to introduce children to the surroundings, antiques, and history. We'll be back!

• Liked — homey and fun
  • Disliked — maybe a better shower head in our room
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
26 Thank Carmen S
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2006

This place was great. We wrapped up our honeymoon at the Wedgwood in New Hope after 8 days in Mexico. Real nice, quiet place, family feel. It was walking distance to the main drag, but far enough off to feel like you're kind of in remote PA. The first night we came back to the inn at 1AM, 3 deer ran right in front of us across the road & through the back yard of the wedgwood!!

I'm used to staying in the chain hotels because i travel often for work. This was a nice change of pace, the room had a lot of character. The owner & his wife were real nice, even sent us our forgotten cell phone charger in the mail after we left. He told us some cool stories about the place, but I caught him fibbing about one of them so watch out!

Overall it was a great time & a great place, highly recommended.

• Liked — location & people
  • Disliked — area is a little too "diverse", but the inn was nice. Recommend 3 days tops there, with a day trip to a winery included.
  • Tips/Secrets — there's only 1 good bar in New Hope (Fran's) the rest are way too "open minded" for me. & don't go to the shop that was founded in NYC, corner of main &something. They sell all garage sale junk & they are communists.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
22 Thank GuyfromNJ
Pennsburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2006

We had a great time - the room was AWESOME - staff was VERY accommodating & pleasant. We switched rooms and they were very good about it - waited on you hand and foot. Everyone was professional & courteous. Breakfast was equally as wonderful. We intend on spending our 1st Anniversary !! LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!

Mr & Mrs David Williams, Pennsburg, PA

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing at all!
  • Tips/Secrets — GO!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
23 Thank daniedge
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2006

I have to say I am confused by the guest reviews and completely perplexed by the "Best of Philly" rating. My husband and I have made a habit of giving weekend getaways to one another as gifts and in turn have stayed in many B&B's. Therefore, I think it's fair to say we have a lot of experience with what constitutes a superb inn and this just isn't one. If the room rate was $100 a night I could possibly comprehend the appeal, but at $225+ it was a disappointing experience at best. The inn, the rooms, the service, the grounds, they are all adequate but certainly nothing special, I can't think of one single "WOW" factor this B&B has to offer. The room was okay, we did have a gas fireplace and a 2 person Jacuzzi, which was nice and relaxing. I did not think the room was dirty, but did think it was shabby and could use some updates. The bathroom was extremely small and there were bad stains around the toilet. There was some pre-used body wash in the shower, but other then that there weren't any other toiletries at hand. In addition, the breakfast wasn't even worth getting up for, the microwave heated broccoli and tomato quiche, lousy fruit and hard boiled eggs are a far cry from the gourmet eggs benedict, fresh squeezed juice and made to order Belgium waffles we've received at other inns for relatively the same rate. I have to say for the price of this B&B they need to be doing a better job and I just expect more for my money then what Wedgwood has to offer. Although there was nothing offensive about the stay, I would never choose this B&B for a New Hope getaway again nor will I recommend it to anyone. We spoke to a New Hope resident that told us to stay at Porches on the Towpath if we decide to visit again, I have looked at the website and it appears to be a step up as far as accommodations and here's a novel thought for a B&B....a full country breakfast.

The positive aspects of our trip - The town itself is quaint and lovely. The Wedgwood is centrally located, so we were able to walk to many of the shops and restaurants. The first night of our trip we ate at the Landing, it's on the water and the staff/service was excellent. The food was very good and we enjoyed a bottle of wine at a quiet corner table. The second night of our trip we ate at Marsha Brown, a Creole flair eatery in a converted church. I highly recommend this restaurant, it's ambiance isn't as romantic, but it's a unique experience and the food was incredible. The crab cakes melted in our mouth and their signature salad and seafood soup made our day! Also, we went to Peddler's Village, shopped in the outlets and walked through many of the art galleries as our visit landed on First Saturday. Lastly, we enjoyed a couples massage at the Nurture Spa -- WONDERFUL!

All in all we had a great, relaxing getaway, but unfortunately it wasn't due to our accommodations but the add ons.

• Stayed March 2006
10 Thank TLOPa
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2006

On our four-year anniversary, we went to our beloved New Hope and stayed at the Wedgewood Inn. That night I proposed to my girlfriend at Martine's (now a very special place to us, but if it had been Summer, we would have gone to Wallflowers). We had a claw-foot tub, a four-post bed and an electric fireplace.

One year later we were married and for our honeymoon, we came back to New Hope and stayed in the Wedgewood's sister house, Umpleby House. This time we splurged for the jacuzzi room.

Both stays were very pleasant. Accomodations are mildly anachronistic but very nice... just what you'd expect from an historic B&B. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast would make *someone* very happy with its quiche and quirky fruit bowl... We personally didn't care for that part, though the baked breads were great.

I will say that they did use false advertising. There is an online special offered that says "Stay a 3rd consecutive mid-week night, and pay only 50% for the 3rd night." We got there and were informed that the price for each night would be increased by 50% such that the total cost of three days would be MORE than if we didn't use the mid-week special. This made me livid but I was determined not to let them ruin my honeymoon so we simply declined the 'special' rate and third night.

• Stayed December 2005
53 Thank BrankmarBakardan
Philly
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2005

1. INNKEEPER WAS DIRTY, should
ve hinted at what the rooms would look like. Not stinky, but defin. unkept....the innkeeper, hell the room too.
2. broken wedgwood everywhere.....
3. FILTHY kitchen with innkeeper hand washing dishers with a filthy sponge. I actually witnessed milk from a used creamer that had sat on a table for hours being poured back into the container. Can anyone say food poisoning?
4. Associated innkeeper and housekeeper complained the entire time about working for awful owners.....apparently our hosts.
5. Room was NOT clean. Look in those corners, guys! Nice Ralph Lauren towels for your dog, I guess, b/c they should've been thrown in the rag bin 12 years ago.
6. Quoted one rate over phone, another rate on website.........
7. Basically, watch this place. A better name would be "TOURIST TRAP B&B"

• Stayed December 2005
The Temperance House Inn
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope

Been to New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!