“Room falling apart”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #6 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Room falling apart”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Last room available. Blinds torn, cracks in ceiling, shower head filthy. Upload photos of room was the yellow motif room. Very disappointing, cost to fix a window shade $5 - They couldnt bother for a room costing me $75

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank sapphireseas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2013

In march 2013 we made reservations for three rooms..one night...with Carl ...the owner. Our group arrived on Saturday and we were welcomed warmly by Heather. Since we were only staying in for two hours and setting out again we went downstairs to have coffee. Carl was sitting in the dinning room casually talking to the only couple sitting there. I looked into the kitchen and he asked me what I needed. I asked if there was milk for tea....he told me there were creamers..if I wanted milk I would have to wait. He was really rude in his delivery. I stood and waited not five feet from him until he decided to get the milk. He was not pleased. My friends were upset...I said to let it ride. We can't say enough about the staff, but Carl was not nice. When we were leaving the next day I decided to just try again and as we were getting into our car I said hello to Carl with a big smile. His reply was "did you leave the key?" No greeting...no nothing...a decidedly rude experience for me. So....that is my experience at the wedgewood....I am truly clueless

Room Tip: Ask for one with larger bathroom...we did not get robes...they should be in each room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kissy62
New Jersey
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here twice in the Canopy A room. The service was great from check-in to check-out. The breakfast was great and they really feed you here! The location is a little further away from everything else so be prepared to walk a little or drive. The room was great and decorated very nice. The only thing was the bed wasn't that comfortable so they should probably update and get a new mattress. I would stay here again but maybe try another room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We enjoyed our room, the meals and our overall stay! The owners/operators went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The room was comfortable and had all the amenities advertised. The location was superb, an easy walk to town. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sablansr81
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed overnight at this charming inn, midweek. We were on first floor (our request) in Rm C- a king-sized bed. The room was large enough to have two Queen Anne styled chairs for viewing an incredibly small TV that was on bookshelves and not have the room seem crowded. This king bed was two singles put together which means there was a foam piece in the middle. While initially very comfortable, we felt like we sank to the middle. The bathrooms were adapted to the space of two separate closets. Yes, closets. Strange, but it worked. The room had an effective electric fireplace heater that added both warmth & atmosphere. The Inn itself is also warm & welcoming both from its decor and the owner & staff. Helpful & solicitous - we were given maps, menus, directions to all manner of area attractions & activities. The breakfast room is brightly windowed- overlooking a beautiful yard ( 2.5 acres) Our breakfast was a nice assortment of fresh fruit with the option of adding granola and/or yogurt. The featured breakfast was a lovely quiche. There was also a perfectly toasted bagel and pumpkin bread. My husband is gluten intolerant and they had muffins he was able to eat. I am a tea drinker and had an abundance of teas in which to make a choice. The juice was a combination of orange & cranberry and was delicious. Service was pleasant and prompt but no rushing one to leave. When we were ready to go to the main commercial area, we were told we were welcome to leave our car in their parking lot- no small gesture since the parking meters require .25 for each 20 minutes with a max of 8 hours. The Inn is in easy walking distance to the main street. We will definitely return. A lovely inn and a wonderful experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendersender
Clifton Park Center, New York, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. We attended a wedding in the area & the Wedgwood was very helpful with directions & area info. Would recommend staying there! We only stayed 1 night & were sorry it wasn't longer

• Stayed June 2013
Dublin
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

New Hope it's a lovely little place made all the nicer by Wedgewood B&B. The people are lovely, rooms great and the breakfast food wonderful. Thanks guys. ......... Trip Adviser insists that reviews are > 200 words so this extra bit of padding is just to satisfy that pointless requirement.

• Stayed September 2013
The Inn at Bowman's Hill
The Inn at Bowman's Hill
#2 of 19 in New Hope
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

Been to New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!