“The Wedgwood Inn experience was fantastic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #6 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
New York
“The Wedgwood Inn experience was fantastic!”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Our stay at the Wedgwood Bed and Breakfaxt Inn was absolutely delightful. It was our first experience at a bed and breakfast - we were so pleasantly surprised and happy with every aspect of the visit. The owners, Dini and Carl, and staff members were warm and friendly from the moment they welcomed us into their "home". We were a group of six couples and all of us had the same positive feeling.
The grounds were well cared for and an enjoyable place to relax . The rooms were clean, beautiful, charming and inviting. The parlor was a wonderful place to enjoy the company of our friends. The dining room was beautifully decorated with tables set in the finest manner. The breakfast was plentiful, presented nicely, and delicious. The service was always with a smile. (We especially loved the homemade zucchini muffins!)
The staff was available to answer all questions, made dinner and show reservations for us and provided a tone which clearly made us feel very much at home.
We look forward to many return visits.
Rita & Neil

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank RustyTarky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2008

If you're looking for a true "home away from home" for a get-away, look no further than these beautiful Inns in beautiful Bucks County. The Wedgwood Inn, the Umpleby House, and the Aaron Burr House are all owned by the same lovely family, and they and their staff go out of their way to make your stay a welcome one. Clean rooms filled with antiques, as well as private baths await you in a beautiful setting within blocks of downtown New Hope and Lambertville, NJ.
We've been to these Inns many times over the past two years, and won't stay anywhere else now! It's that nice! They serve a home made breakfast every morning to the guests, and they also have out other snacks like cookies or fruit for during the day.
They provide a wealth of information about Bucks County to help you get around and see everything in case you're there for sight-seeing. If you're there to just relax, you've picked a great spot!
I can't recommend these inns enough; an outstanding get-away from beginning to end, and one we're sure to go back to time and time again! Kudos to the proprietors, Dinie and Carl for such a lovely set of inns! Allan & Gabie Boyd in PA

• Liked — Everything is always top-shelf!
  • Disliked — There's nothing not to like!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alboyd827
cmch,nj
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I planned a mother-daughter weekend for my Mom and I. Knowing my Mom has stayed at many B&B's I thought it would be nice to stay at one in New Hope. Much to my disappointment when we arrived (at the Aarron Burr house) we were greeted by a sign on the door to go up the hill to the Wedgewood Inn. We were told there were not enough people staying at the A.B. so we were "upgraded" to stay at the Wedgewood.The room we were given did not have a "bathroom" as the room at the A.B. did. This room had a stall shower literally in a closet, while the toilet and sink were in yet another closet. When I asked Carl, the Innkeeper, if there was another room available with a complete bathroom, he became visably annoyed and said if we wanted that we could go down and stay at the A.B. in the original room even though there would not be an innkeeper present and we would have to walk up the hill to have breakfast at the Wedgewood. He soon became loud and insulting by pointing out that I booked the "cheapest" room and that he didn't see the problem of walking to breakfast - "it wasn't snowing!" We stayed - only for lack of another place to stay.I was shocked and very upset at the degrading treatment I received.

• Liked — The only thing was the location.
  • Disliked — The bathroom facilities.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank jerseygirl060
Northern Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Overall, we had a very nice time at the Wedgwood. The staff was very nice. Our room was great. I believe it was called The Canopy Room - first floor across from the office. It was large and had a fireplace and a big bathroom. The hotel was quaint and everything was nicely decorated and presented. I was a bit disappointed in the breakfast, however. Usually I expect some kind of hot food at a B&B. But our breakfast was bagels and cream cheese and some lemon poppy seed bread, along with fresh fruit and hard boiled eggs and whitefish salad. I'm not a fan of lemon poppyseed bread so I ate a bagel. Frankly, I was hoping for some kind of waffles, quiche or similar food that I don't have time to make at home. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay there a lot.

• Liked — Quaint B & B within walking distance of downtown New Hope
  • Disliked — Would have liked a more extensive breakfast
1 Thank Michgc
PA
Reviewed May 28, 2008

My husband and I come here at least once a year more if we are lucky to get away! This is the best place to stay! The Staff is awesome along with the breakfeast! Very relaxing and charming. Great walk into town. Simply a must on your travel list!

• Liked — Everthing
  • Disliked — None
2 Thank jo18013
brooklyn
Reviewed May 27, 2008

The Wedgewood Inn is a beautiful Bed + Breakfest about a block or two from New Hope's "main drag".

We stayed in the Manchester Room - a spacious, stylish room with jacuzzi and fireplace!

The property not only had ample free parking and was beautifully landscaped, but it included tables & chairs, a gazebo, and even a hammock.

But, best of all, was co-owners' Dinie 's and Carl's warmth and friendliness. No matter how busy they were, they always took pains to insure we enjoyed our stay, and gave us plenty of info about the local goings-on.

We never saw them without a generous smile on their faces - we felt like we'd inherited an aunt and uncle!

Their staff, too, was kind, courteous, helpful, and friendly.

This is a terrific place to stay!

• Liked — The owners made us feel like family!
1 Thank captainbrooklyn
VA
Reviewed May 26, 2008

I wanted to visit New Hope PA for the weekend and found the Wedgwood on the internet..reviews seemed fairly good, and it was pretty close to Main St, so thought I’ll give it a shot..I’m not overly hard to please when it comes to a place to stay. So I called and reserved a room for two nights. I’m not much on getting details, so after I reserved the room my girlfriend called to find out some more information about the place. She told me the woman who answered the phone was very rude to her, and exclaimed that she had told me everything we needed to know when I called earlier –hardly true—and acted like she did not want to be on the phone. So we drove up to New Hope, and arrived and were greeted by obviously the same woman my girlfriend had spoke to, who though not entirely rude, was rather curt, and concise, and not at all what one would describe as emanating a friendly welcoming vibe. Just as well she was concise because I did not want to be around her any longer than need be. She led us up a maze of stairs to our room. Along the way I could see some of the rooms looked very nice with nice furniture and beds. We were led to “The Hideaway” which is really a romantic synonym for “We turned a tiny attic space into a inferior, awkard, uncomfortable unit we can squeeze another $137.50 a night out of this building” Aside from my girlfriend banging her head upon the dwarf friendly 5ft high roofline overhang you have to navigate just to get in the room, upon seeing the room I was very unimpressed to say the least. The carpeting was a multi stained solid beige, there was no phone, no closet space, the TV was a little 14in screen like I had when I was 12, the furniture was 1990s era Walmart garage sale leftovers that were obviously sourced to be able to put SOMETHING in the room so it could be rented when the others were full. I kind of let the disappointment go ..and figured “heck it is a place to sleep at least” My tolerance for the room’s inadequacy pretty much ended when I decided I needed a shower. The shower was ridiculous! It was barely big enough to stand in. Because it was an attic turned into a room, the roof line cut across the shower ceiling and was very easy to bang your head against if your over 5ft tall, so you kind of have to awkwardly lean away from the wall while in the shower. The shower head was about chin height ..keep in mind I’m a normal sized human at 5ft 10in. Weak shower pressure and a long wait for hot water to top off the experience. The bed was really poor too, it was a thin mattress with no box spring on a squeaky metal frame –not antique--, I have some minor back issues and could barely walk by the end of our stay. On our way out after the first night, Dinie caught us to say hi, and asked if we wanted breakfast brought up to the room –which was good--. To be fair, she seemed VERY nice. I was in my car going out for the day, and didn’t want to have a conversation about the room at that moment. At the end of our stay, I just wanted to go home ..having spent as little time in the room as possible, with a now achy back, and facing a long drive home. Carl caught us on the way out to settle up –though I thought they had already run the full charge on my credit card, they had only charged the 1st night— so I went in to settle up. I gave him my credit card to run again, and he asked me “do you want me to add a tip for our wait staff on the charge?” I said “No.” He looked at me quizzically and replied “What, you don’t tip?” It was at that point I explained we did not enjoy the room at all, and the one woman who worked for him was rude to my girlfriend. I normally tip rather well ..but to be honest I would have much rather stayed in a Motel 6 than the room I got and just couldn’t see paying a penny more than I was obligated to for the experience. Carl told me it was formerly the servants quarters and they usually warn guests about the height issues. So after that awkward moment. He went and ran the charge, and thanked me for the feedback. Once again to be fair the “normal rooms” looked pretty nice, but beware “The Hideaway” ..if that’s all you can get..go to a Holliday Inn, you’ll like it a lot more.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Awkwarness of telling the owner how little i enjoyed the room
1 Thank mws3325
The Inn at Bowman's Hill
The Inn at Bowman's Hill
#2 of 19 in New Hope
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

Been to New Hope's 1870 Wedgwood Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!