All reviewsscallopsno credit cardsmy wife and icharming atmospherespecial placebyobentreeslodging
Reviewed July 22, 2015 via mobile

Other than the paved roads this is a visit back 200 years.

Stay in its 2-story cottage with a blazing fire in its huge stone fireplace and let it burn all night.

The setting is remindfull of the Cottswolds in the English countryside.

The restaurant needs a liquor license for those like me that hate BYOB limitations.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed July 14, 2015 via mobile

My husband had a very bad experience here several years ago but decided to give the Inn a second try-- so glad he did. We came to dinner last Friday night and sat outdoors in the quaint patio lined with flowering plants. Our food was excellent: we enjoyed the lamb chops and the scallops. Caesar salads were plentiful as were the selection of appetizers. Service was well-timed -- not too rushed and not too slow. We plan to return later in the year to enjoy the colonial interior setting and fireplace. BYOB, too.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2015

As a restaurant this is a special place and perhaps not for those who judge it on the basis of the food experience alone. I visit relatives in the area and haven eaten here often over the years. As fine dining goes there are certainly better places. But the food is well prepared and at reasonable prices. Can't complain about that. Since it's BYOB you can bring a really good bottle of wine to linger over ( which makes even an average meal better in my opinion ). The servers are locals and they are usually friendly and eager. If pressed on a busy night things may get a little confused. We usually go during the week when everyone is more relaxed. It's also when you get to see how utterly charming the place really is. I know of few other restaurants that give you this genuine colonial sense of place and time. It has some age to it and is dimly lit, again true to period. I prefer this over bright lights and glare any day. Some may not. On cooler nights the fireplaces are going which really puts the topping on the cake for atmosphere. It's like stepping back in time. The Inn at Phillips Mill is the total package. I am never disappointed because there are few comparable packages like it out there. I'll return as long as it is there ---just like it is.

Room Tip: Never stayed in the rooms but they are likely dated and in need of redecoration
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2015

The food is good, the staff is quirky. The garden room is enchanting. Some people are disgruntled and if they don't get their butt kissed then it's all bad. .....not here. Good food, fun waitstaff. We've been here for special occasions as well as just dinner. Never a bad meal. We're from Philly, in center city, where you are in the heart of great food........all the time. Enough said!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marta T
Reviewed October 15, 2014

First off, the food is not bad, its decent. That and its a cool property are the best things I can say. My party of 4 waited ages for apps and dinner. When our dinners were finally brought out, they brought one plate to the wrong table (it was 1/2 empty btw) and another patron ate 1/2 of it even though he ordered something different.....We then waited while a new dinner was prepared. Finally, the bill comes. No where on the website, menu, or lobby to the establishment does it say or did anyone mention that no credit cards are accepted. This place is not cheap and who carries hundreds of dollars in cash on them anymore?! The waitress told us we could mail them a check.....we got a big kick out of that. In conclusion, we will not be back but we all have a funny story to tell about dinner in new hope!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple