All reviews scallops no credit cards my wife and i charming atmosphere special place byob entrees lodging
Reviewed October 15, 2014

First off, the food is not bad, its decent. That and its a cool property are the best things I can say. My party of 4 waited ages for apps and dinner. When our dinners were finally brought out, they brought one plate to the wrong table (it was 1/2 empty btw) and another patron ate 1/2 of it even though he ordered something different.....We then waited while a new dinner was prepared. Finally, the bill comes. No where on the website, menu, or lobby to the establishment does it say or did anyone mention that no credit cards are accepted. This place is not cheap and who carries hundreds of dollars in cash on them anymore?! The waitress told us we could mail them a check.....we got a big kick out of that. In conclusion, we will not be back but we all have a funny story to tell about dinner in new hope!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HobokenMatt
Reviewed October 9, 2014

In short, our meals were exemplary. I had a veal dish and my wife the pork tenderloin, and both were very tender and tasty. The accompanying suite of vegetables that included mashed carrots (we think), scalloped potatoes, hubbard squash, and a sliced red beet was also excellent. We did not bring any wine (it's BYOB), which our waitress seemed a bit put off by. I'm not quite sure why, but maybe there is a 'corking fee' (shouldn't it be 'uncorking fee'?) that she gets a commission on. Both my wife and I fet that, throughout the meal, the waitress was a bit cold. Our water was never re-filled (was there a drought in the area we weren't aware of), and there were times where we seemed to be sitting quite a long time waiting for some service in spite of the fact there were very few diners this Tuesday evening.

Tables are far enough away that you likely won't hear everything other parties have to say, unless they don't possess 'restaurant voices,' which unfortunately was the case with the party of men seated next to us (well, two of the three anyway). This isn't the first time I've experienced this phenomenon though, and it seems to most often afflict those eating at fine-dining establishments. On the plus side, the one guy did have an English accent, which added somewhat to the ambience of an old English-style Mill.

We completed the evening with some extraordinary desserts, and would not hesitate to recommend the Inn to others. But be aware that they only take cash or check, and they aren't close to anything with an ATM machine unless they have one there.

Location is on route 32/River Rd a little outside of town (and I do mean it is practically on the highway - be careful getting to the front door). Don't go looking for the place on "Phillip's Mill Road" like we did. Some folks are rather snarky about you driving up their driveway looking for chow.

Room Tip: Look for the sign with the 'pig' on it. Parking is right before the building if coming from New Hope and also across the street.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2014

Enjoyed a delicious anniversary dinner here recently. Atmosphere is lovely. Our waiter Alex was a terrific server. Friendly, knowledgeable of the menu, and very good at taking care of us without interrupting our quiet conversation. Really perfect. Our meal was delicious. My lamb was cooked perfectly as requested and my husbands veal was excellent as well. Our table was ready when we arrived and we were greeted with a warm "Happy Anniversary" welcome. Very nice. If I had to make one suggestion I guess it would be to perhaps make the smoked fish appy a bit larger. My husband would have liked a larger serving of the trout and bluefish and I agree that the one forkful was a bit light. However, we did not leave hungry by any means. I love the BYOB and we both agreed this is a favorite new place to add to our list.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank doyle50
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We've stayed numerous times but dined either in town or in Lambertville and thought this time we would try the restaurant. What a horrible dining experience. We even invited several of our close friends to join us but we were so embarrassed by how we were treated that we will, unfortunately, never stay again.

We were a large group and they had us seated at 3 separate tables on the enclosed patio. Of course we asked if there was one long table but were told no. The hostess even argued with us saying she had told us we wouldn't be seated together at the time we made the reservation (untrue). Imagine hosting friends for dinner but then being seated at different tables? Fortunately my persistent boyfriend was able to get them to agree to put the 3 round tables together (how hard was that to come up with, really?). As soon as we sat down we were greeted by Jenna, our surly waitress who loudly and abruptly told us because we insisted on putting the tables together there wasn't enough room for her to serve us properly and we would have to pass each other's plates down. Not a big deal but the way she said it and the number of times she sighed loudly made it evident we were unwelcome. She barked the specials at us, passed down 3 baskets of bread (forget about asking for more or even water refills) and then disappeared for what was an unusually long time. The food was very good which makes writing this review all the more bittersweet. The joke was ultimately on us though because we realized Jenna didn't care whether she was nice or not - her 20% gratuity was baked into the bill.

There are so many other choices in New Hope and nearby Lambertville - restaurants that actually value its customers and whose staff is trained properly - why subject yourself and part with your hard earned money at a lowbrow establishment like this?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Agoldy
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We dined at the Inn at Phillips Mill with friends and the food was terrific as always. The Inn is beautiful and the French traditional menu was prepared perfectly and was innovative. Our complements to the chef. The service was a different story. The wait staff was inpatient, never smiled and inattentive to the point of being rude. In short: Beautiful place, great food but the wait staff needs to be sent to charm school.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends