“Spring Gulch is our favorite place!!”

and 1 more site!
Spring Gulch Resort Campground
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I've written a very positive review in the past for this wonderful campground. However, I felt I really must respond to a review made regarding a pit bull attack. I'm sorry that family had such a bad experience - it sounds terrifying - I'm sure I would have been just as upset if any breed of dog had attacked my furry baby! I want to pass on something that happened a few years back. My daughters were walking near the baseball field and my youngest daughter fell down and assumed she lost her footing or something. A swarm of bees flew up and around her and she was stung 11 times. The quick action of several of the women in the camp store will be something I remember forever. They took her in their back room and worked quickly to remove all the stingers, gave her benadryl and ice and checked on her several times that day (and the next) and gave her and her sister ice cream cones. The maintenance workers had that hive removed and the area was cleared of the bees within an hour. I can't thank them enough for what they did. What could have been a disaster turned into something very different. We're still staying at Spring Gulch every year and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Suzanne1004

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We found this campground quite relaxing each time we stayed here in our travel trailer. The sites are all level, with lots of space and easy to get your rig into place. The campground has many activities for the kids getting sites in the same area with friends and family worked out wonderfully. The campground itself was very clean and the rest rooms were some of the cleanest seen in relation to other campgrounds. We stayed here the end of May and enjoyed the pools and hot tub; and in October to enjoy their Halloween activities (the site to site trick or treating was great and I would suggest booking one of these weekends). We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We loved this campground and the sites. Lot's for the kids to do, clean pools, and the owners respect your privacy! It was a wonderful experience. Very kid friendly..shaded sites...nice camp store...

Going again this year!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This place provides a very relaxing atmosphere. There were plenty of activities for the kids, and the price is excellent. Security was very friendly and helpful. Office staff very pleasant. Campground was very clean, and most importantly, the bathrooms were always clean. I have been there several times, and have had a great time every visit. I tell everyone that this is the best form of relaxation ever!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leo M
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We take our 33 foot travel trailer to Spring Gulch at least 2X a year. Spring Gulch sites are all perfect, level, spacious, shaded, well drained and easy to maneuver your trailer/mobile home, etc. into. The campground has 2 pools, one with a hot tub. There is a small man-made lake for swimming and another pond for fishing. The bathroom facilities are very clean and big. The only thing I do not like is that they charge you for the wireless internet and then if your site is too far away you cannot pick it up and must sit somewhere close to either the office or the pool house. That would be OK but they need to think about setting up some tables to sit at instead of sitting on the ground. Spring Gulch is also perfectly located within all the great things Lancaster County has to offer!

Room Tip: We like the sites that back up to a large field that is only used if there is an overflow of campers...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I've been staying in Spring Gulch since I was 5. I'm now in my 20s and the place remains the same as it has always been every year for better or worse.

The A-Frame and Country house are close together, and if you're going with a large group, I'd say get these two houses. The field next to the Country house is great for football, games, etc.

The only downside is the service. The people who work there could be FAR more friendly, and over the 20+ years I've gone, I've found the staff to be very abrasive.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Danny_G_385
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My Sister, Brother in Law and their well behaved, laid back 4yr old Lab joined my daughter and I for what was supposed to be a laid back, relaxing 4 day weekend (Labor Day), it was anything but.

We were camped at the top side of an open field (about the size of a football field), checked in Friday. We got to "enjoy" the strong odor of marijuana from the party animals accross the stream from us, loud music/talking until 3AM. Never saw security, I don't think they have any! No corrective action was taken by the "staff", they acted like it was no big deal.

Saturday, around 2 another "family" starting setting up at the opposite side of the field. Man, woman, younger child and a Pit Bull. Within 1 hr, the Pit Bull chewed through the tow rope and attacked my Sister/Brother in Law's lab at his throat. Thank God our dog wasn't injured, but my Brother in Law did sustain 2 puncture wounds to his forearm.

We immediately went to the office, asked for whomever was in charge. This woman, or any other employee, doesn't seem to have 1 ounce of common sense let alone brains! She told me "you need to call 911 if you think it is an emergency", are you kidding me? At this point I was no longer calm and quiet ), she called 911 to have the State Police come out.
This "resort" has a very limited 1st aid kit, most of us probably have better in our own camping supplies. Their "store" didn't sell any 1st aid supplies, not even band aids!
This "woman in charge" refused to have this viscious dog removed from the park, instead "the family was relocated to an undisclosed part of the park, I met their dog and it is friendly" . "You have nothing to worry about, there is no need for you to leave. They assure me the dog is friendly and not a pit bull." SERIOUSLY???
It doesn't matter what the breed, the dam dog attacked a dog at rest, by the throat. It took 2 grown men, my Brother in Law looks like an Eagles Linebacker, to get the Pit Bull off. It bit my Brother in Law on the arm, but it is "friendly"? Obviously this "woman in charge" at the office is an IDIOT!!

Bottom line, if you choose to waste your money here, BEWARE!! There is NO security, they DO NOT take emergencies seriously and do little, if anything to resolve the situation so everybody is safe. There are no medical/1st aid supplies, so make sure to bring your own. The campground is nothing like advertised, swimming lake (like stated in other reviews) is green and slimy. Seems like anything goes there (a group of pot smokers on the other side of the creek, loud talking, music until 3am, etc.....). As long as they get your money, they don't care what goes on. You have to remember, you are in Puppy Mill Haven, USA . They run this place as a money making machine and they don't care who comes or what they do.
There are several other very nice campgrounds within 15 minutes that absolutely will not tolerate this kind of riff raf. Don't waste your money or put your safety in jeopardy, STAY FAR AWAY!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in New Holland
Country Squire Motor Inn
Country Squire Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in New Holland

Been to Spring Gulch Resort Campground? Share your experiences!