“Wonderful B and B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Holland
Richmond House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 New Holland B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 1, 2012

What a lovely place to stay! Beautiful rooms, friendly hostess, delicious breakfasts, all in a picturesque and charming surrounding. Our stay only wasn't long enough to fully enjoy it all.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2012

My sister and I researched dozens of B&B's while planning our trip out to Amish country. The Richmond house exceeded anything we had hoped to experience. The home's lovely period details made it more than just a place to sleep at night. The original door hinges and handles, the wood plank floors & deep window sills made me feel that I had gone back to an earlier time. Tim and Dolores were lovely hosts that visited with us each morning during breakfast to see where everyone was going for the day and served us dessert and coffee/tea every evening as guests gathered to visit in the living room to share stories of their lives or travels of the day. Dolores shared recipes and I have made one of the desserts that she made for us while we were there--it is now one of my favorites--simply called Pumpkin dessert. The breakfasts were warm and hearty and I loved eating at the large dining table with the other guests and learning of where others were traveling that day.
We experienced an unexpected snow storm that dropped about 4-6 inches and turned The Richmond House into a safe haven to return to. I was hoping the storm would continue and I would have to extend my stay there longer. My sister and I are planning a return trip within the next few years since we live out west. I truly can't imagine finding a better place to stay than The Richmond House.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely with private bathrooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank baseball freaks & bowling maniacs
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is the first B & B my husband and I stayed at, and our expectations were exceeded far beyond what we thought a B & B was like. The house is absolutely beautiful, and you truly feel at home the minute you walk in and are greeted by Dolores and Tim, the inn-keepers. All of the bedrooms are beautiful and clean, spotless. We've stayed here twice, and in a different room each time and were so comfortable and homey. And the food, ,OMG, it's phenominal! The best breakfast ever! I'm a picky eater but boy, I would eat anything they make. Amazing, and they take into account your likes and dislikes but it's difficult to not like anything they make. Dolores and Tim are so friendly and personable, they take the time to get to know you, and know your name right away. They helped us with places to eat dinner, and are very knowledgable on the surrounding area of Lancaster. The Richmond House will be hard to top should we stay at a B & B anywhere other than Lancaster. When we visit the area, this is where we will always stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This was our first time staying in a B&B and the bad news is that we will never find a place that will be anywhere near as nice as this was. Delores and Tim were excellant hosts and the room and house were beautiful. The home made breakfast we receved on Sunday morning was to die for. We sat at their dining room table with 3 other couples and learned about the amish way of life from them. They made our short weekend feel as if we had known them for years. We will definetly return and I strongly encourage anyone that wants to "get away" to stay at this place

Room Tip: There are 5 rooms all decorated differtly with private baths. You cannot go wrong with any of them...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This was a terrific spot for two nights stay. The Innkeepers, Tim and Dolores, were so friendly and helpful. They helped us find places to visit and then asked us for our recommendations for future guests. The breakfasts were delicious and also "out of the ordinary"!! The home is spotless and the rooms are beautiful. We spent a lot of time outdoors on the wonderful covered patio and could admire the extraordinary display of flowers. What a nice change from the hotel/motel scene....

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2011

If you want the best of the best then look no further. We stayed at The Richmond House for two nights and i can honestly say that we have never had a better B&B during our five visits to the US. We were the only guests and the owners sat with us at breakfast for a good old chat, the very reason that we go to a B&B and not to some impersonal hotel. It is absolutely spotlessly clean, the breakfasts were top quality and the fridge was well stocked with drinks. The B&B is on East Main Street and although our room was facing the front there was absolutely no noise at all from the outside. It was brilliant. If we ever visit this area again we will go back, there is no question of that!

Room Tip: Eat at Yoder's. You can choose your own food and help yourself to as much as you want. Visit Lap...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed at the Richmond House for two nights and we had a very enjoyable stay. The hosts are so welcoming and helpful and the breakfest is to die for. We felt very welcome and right at home.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Country Squire Motor Inn
Country Squire Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in New Holland
Spring Gulch Resort Campground

Been to Richmond House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!