“Chinese Restaurant in PA Amish Country”
Review of Panda Garden

Panda Garden
Ranked #11 of 27 Restaurants in New Holland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Looking for Chinese food in Pennsylvania Amish Country? This is the place...

My family and I ate at Panda Garden late in the evening in August 2014, after a 7-hour drive. Upon arrival, we found that there is a buffet for $10.95 per person or you can order from the menu. We opted for the buffet. However, being late, the buffet had some under-stocked and dried out food. So the employees did 2 things to help us:
1. Cooked any new food that we wanted fresher from the buffet.
2. Gave a 20% discount off the price.

My wife thinks that they should have not cooked the fresh food and give us a 50% discount so that there was not waste. Either way, I appreciate their honesty and working to make us happy during our visit.

We liked the food, so I recommend this Chinese restaurant in Pennsylvania Amish Country (New Holland, PA)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Up till about a year ago we were very happy eating here, then things changed. Now when seated the server advised you that "if any of the buffet pans were empty to let her know and they would make fresh". Now I can see that so as not to waste food at the end of an evening but this was at 5:45! We thought it was a fluke but it kept happening. We stopped going. Several groups of families left before being seated when advised. So now we drive almost a half hour to get Chinese food. Can't see how they are staying open.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The buffet was well stocked. Dishes and silverware clean. Great service. Clean restaurant and friendly people.

1  Thank AvaSecret
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Okay, I read all the reviews and wonder where people eat that they think this is great. It's not.
The people are cheap, they only put out food when the tray is empty, no spareribs, I never heard of a Chinese buffet that doesn't consist have spareribs. Who charges for hot tea, they do!!!!
When you walk in, they all start talking in Chinese and you can't help but think they are talking about you, very uncomfortable.....So, if you don't mind any of the things I mentioned, then go and give it a try. Some of the food is good, and they are attentive to your needs.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to this place for ears. Staff always so friendly. Water up always full. Buffet always delicious and full. Staff always eager to serve. Would recommend to anyone looking for Chinese in the Lancaster area