“hurry up and wait”

Palermo Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in New Holland
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 23, 2011

got a steak sandwich was very good home made roll makes it even better

Reviewed October 18, 2011

We live in New Holland and this is the best place to get pizza! Great service and great food! When friends from out of state visit, they always want to stop here.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

I took some friends & family out for pizza, beer & wings Saturday Afternoon, A favorite little Italian shop in New Holland, I ordered a couple Pizzas and a dozen hot wings and a dozen mild wings, a couple pitchers of beer & some sodas. The pizzas came out twenty minutes before the wings as a result of the waitress not putting them in on time, again I took this in stride and we drank another pitcher of beer. When the wings came she place two dishes in front of us and I asked which were the hot and which were mild, she said that she had written down BBQ in place of Hot. Well no one wanted bbq so she took them back and put in an order for hot, within 4 minutes we had another plate of extremely dark colored hot wings in front of us. After we tasted them we all looked at each other and said hmmm… bbq hot wings. When I went up to pay the bill, I questioned this and she said yeah they washed the sauce off and put them back in the oil and heated them up again and put hot sauce on them. I was flabbergasted and then she said well I will give you a special price on them, not wanting to make a scene, I paid the bill and walked out. Today is Monday and when they open I am going to call and speak with the owner and give him a little piece of advice.

3  Thank amishco
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I will NEVER eat anything that is not cooked here. Watching the woman (during my wait to pick up a white pizza) who runs the kitchen toss a salad with her bare hands that were obviously crusty and black was a terrible experience.

The owners are a New Holland mainstay, and they certainly make great food. However, that was an image I will never be able to get out of my head. I hate saying this, as a New Holland native, but it has to be said.

2  Thank zjsmith104
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2008

this is one of the greatest places in New Holland for italian food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook