“Excellent Sunday Brunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We took our family of 8 here for Sunday Brunch on June 23. The dinning room was full so they sat us in the banquet hall. The food was good and the kids especially enjoyed the crepes that they made fresh for you. They did not have a roast ham or prime rib, but had plenty of chicken, bacon, sausage, meatballs, etc. you good also get an omlette made to order. Plenty of dessert selections and the kids especially enjoyed the ice cream toppings to make almost any kind of Sundae you wanted. Cost was reasonable, $13 for adults and $8 for kids.

2  Thank Janzens
There are newer reviews for Yoder's Restaurant & Buffet

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food is average and sometimes has a strange greasy flavor. If I had to choose...I would go to Shady Maple which is near by and has similar food.

1  Thank dpsling
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The food was half cooked and very bland, tasteless. Only old folks in the place. I won't be going back.

1  Thank tiki-tac
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Are you tired of waiting in line? Wouldn't you prefer dining at your own table or booth? How about having to walk only 5' to a maximum of 40' to the well prepared food, soups, breads, salad bar, 3 hot food bars, fresh hand cut fruit, and a desert station?

You will find all of this at Yoders Country Buffet, about a mile away from Shady Maple restaurant, on Rt. 23 in New Holland, PA.
Barb and I went there on July 5th, around 4:45 p.m., and at that time there were only a handful of people at the tables. If you are going to arrive between 5:30 and 7 p.m., try to make a reservation and have your table space saved for you.

We both started with a cup of New England Clam Chowder, it has to be one of the best that we have ever had. The blending of clam parts to vegetable chunks was close to 50%.....a little bit salty, but giving us a taste that had us talking about it for the next 15 minutes. The soup bar is also part of the Breads Bar, providing you with many options.

Next is the Salad Bar ( 2 sides), which in itself is a meal and more. Fresh cut lettuce and greens, veggies, slaws, fruit chunks, and more..................that you won't be disappointed.

After that are 2 Hot serving stations, (4 sides) with a wonderful variety of meats, fish, breaded butterfly shrimp, home made baked potato stuffing, steaming vegetables, and much more. If you want to know what you are looking at, it is written with markers, on the glass shield that surrounds and protects the food.

I found Barb at the carving station, so over I went to see what was there. I ended up with one of the best tasting Flat Iron Steaks that I ever had. I used one of their steak knives to cut into it, but it wasn't necessary. My fork could have done the same job. It was almost 2 inches thick, and a medium rare quality that I was hoping for. With what I had on my plate, I took my time enjoying it.
Also at the carving station was cold shrimp, Cajun spiced shrimp, and sauces for both the steak and shrimp.
NOTE....if your cocktail sauce needs more tang, just ask the chef for some horseradish on the side. This way you can blend the spice/heat to your taste.
Good sized plates, great variety of foods to choose from, happy people to assist you and clean your table, and a price that was about $5 less than Shady Maple.

The decor was 1980ish, and nothing special...............but that is not what you are here for.
The bathrooms are great, and well cleaned. They cater to weddings at this facility. Handicap parking is sparse, but much of the parking lot is already close to the building.

Our suggestion is the get there before 5 p.m., giving you more time to look things over. This will give you plenty of time to sort through your choices, and provide you with lots of elbow room.

We found our alternative to Shady Maple, giving us better choices in access to the food, a better taste in the foods provided, a personal eating space choice of tables or booth, a reasonable price for the abundance in front of you, and not having to walk 2 to 3 blocks to get to your car.

This is our place of choice for a great meal, every time we go camping. We hope that your buffet experience is as good as ours was.

Jerryandbarb8 (all of our reviews are listed under that name, with no spaces)

1  Thank JerryandBarb8
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Yoder's is on par with Shady Maple but it doesn't have anywhere near the following. The price is pretty decent and comparable to Shady Maple for the most part. The food is good and it is attached to the Yoder's Grocery store which has it's own fresh milk which is great as well. I would say that the buffet is just right, it has enough options without feeling overwhelmed. Even though the food is great and the price is right I still only ever come here when Shady Maple is packed to capacity.