“Amazing!!!!!!!!!!”

Comfort Inn Amish Country
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Holland
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I cannot stress enough, how great this motel is!!!!!!!!! The rooms are up to date, spotless and are eqquipped with everthing you could ever want or need.The staff goes beyond the norn. They instantlty respond to any request you may have. I spent 3 nights here and will never stay anywhere else when i am in this area. I had 55 others folks with me and they all were as pleased as i was!
The Breakfast is way more than what you see in most motels. The folks traveling with me that usually want a full breakfast, were very pleased with the breakfast here. I would have loved to stayed a few more nights! THANK YOU KEVIN, BONNIE and ALL the GREAT STAFF for making this trip perfect for us!!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra H

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We chose this hotel since it accepted pets and had gotten good reviews previously. The hotel was located in the quiet countryside not too far drive from the attractions. We had non-smoking room but it smelled like somebody had smoked there, I don't know if the smell came thru the air wents but it was quite strong. Staff offered to move us to other room but we had already unpact everything so we stayed in the room and used air freshener we received from the housekeeping staff and towards the evening the smell was almost gone. Hotel staff was very friendly, hotel was quiet. Room itself was older but clean, large flatscreen TV was nice but the remote did not work properly, room had small refrigerator and microwave which was very convenient. Shower was nice with good water pressure, the sink was located outside of the bathroom which actually was practical. The breakfast room was clean and inviting but the breakfast itself was quite disappointment. They advertise hot breakfast buffet but only hot things were square (previously frozen) egg patties and bacon, you could cook waffles or toast some bread but compared to many other continental breakfast buffes in similar hotels this had least to offer. I feel this hotel is good for a short stay, it is great that the hotel is pet friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank aut0bahn
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I generally like the Choice Hotels chain but this one, well, I'm glad we only stayed one night. The bed was hard as a rock and I woke up through out the entire night unable to get comfortable. And it was expensive. The breakfast room was over crowded and the food was ok - typical. For the price we paid though we should have been more comfortable. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The staff were very friendly which is why I didn't give it a lower score.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Escaped to PA Dutch country from Hurricane Irene. Had a 12+ hours power loss and I can't say enough about the entire staff. My family and I travel a bit and this was the nicest staff I've ever dealt with. Room was immaculately clean and it's easy to see why this property is a platinum winner from the Choice hotel chain. Would highly recommend to all.

3  Thank bigkahuana
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel is outside of Lancaster PA and we were happy to find it since we were traveling with our dog. That said, I am mystified by the prices hotels in this area charge. The people at the hotel were very friendly, there was coffee in the lobby, and the rooms were adequate -- nothing special but reasonably clean, with a small refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast is provided, but the room is very cramped and the offerings are pretty standard. While overall the hotel is fine, it is by no means exceptional. I would stay there again but only for about half the price.

1  Thank hokumplus
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The reception clerk went beyond the call of duty in giving us advice inn places to go and offering to provide more telephonically if we needed it as we toured. Only problem was the motel is stories and there is no elevator. Fortunately we only stated for two nights and didn't carry much but had we planned to stay longer I'm not sure my heart could have endured walking up and down the stairs that often. Again, I have to commend the staff, they were great!

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room!
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel looks nice from the outside, until you get to the entrance. The have two benches right at the door, opposite of one another. While at the hotel you'll find that anytime you arrive or leave there will be employees sitting at there having their smokes. They don't seem to have a designated smoking area, just light it up anywhere. Cigarettes everywhere on the front lot. Trust me, your going to smell like smoke during your stay.
The other bad was virtually no air conditioning in the breakfast area.
The rooms were not bad, but with these other problems, well it just ruined the stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Comfort Inn Amish Country? Share your experiences!