“Excellent place to say”

Hampton Inn Shrewsbury
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Freedom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Easy access to the highway for the weary traveler. Very clean, well furnished, staff polite and helpful. Like most Hampton Inns, convenient access to the highway and chain restaurants. My room was larger then expected. 2 room suite.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AuntSoup

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Traveling alone or with my college age daughter, I have stayed several times at Hampton Inn-Shrewsbury. I always enjoy the greeting of the staff and the phone call shortly after arriving in the room. I have never had a bad experience here. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the morning breakfast crew is always at the ready. I also feel very safe in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy A T
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our stay was wonderful. Everyone we came in contact with was extremely helpful. Had handicapped room and everything was in good working order. Not too far for my husband to walk to. We were permitted to go to the room early on our arrival day, which helped us tremendously. Very nice hotel. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kathyp0529
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a group event at this hotel. There is no restaurant at the hotel, but that's ok, the guests seemed to like the continental breakfast, and no one complained about the rooms, they are clean. The only real complaint is that the person helping to organize the group, she made a big deal about wanting to release rooms because she claimed there were 2 other big groups at the same time as ours. Well, don't you know that there were rooms still available anyway around our dates, so not sure why she could not have accomodated those guests to our group rate, but whatever, I guess hotels do not do that. I did try to be very gracious in my dealings with her, I am not sure that everyone in my position is or would be the same way, it didn't seem like the woman cared much about that, or appreciated it. I guess if I had it to do over maybe I wouldn't be so nice. (Again, our event was before October 2012, but that's as far back as I can go in posting this review.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went to the area to do research on our family history. The location was perfect. Hotel was clean, the staff friendly, the breakfast very good. There was a Fridays restaurant next to our parking lot, which was very nice. I would stay there again. It was very easy to spot off the interstate.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank matthewandy1
Reviewed August 21, 2013

There must not be too many options for hotels in Shrewsbury, PA which is why the travel sites I normally use to book hotels did not offer any great discounts when compared to the hotel's rate. For what I paid, I've booked rooms in Times Square or the Financial District in NYC...so I don't think it was worth the price. That being said, the hotel was nice. The exercise room only had a treadmill and a elliptical...luckily, I was the only person in the exercise room on Saturday morning...hate to be a business traveler trying to get a work out in before going off to a meeting. The breakfast buffet was not what I expected, luckily there is a Cracker Barrel in walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel was very nice and everthing was fine except for our shower - the head was broken and 4 of us tried to get in a shower with a very low output of water. When I mentioned it to the staff - so it could be fixed for the next guests, they were very responsive and take the 100% satisfaction very seriously. Despite that problem - would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
#3 of 26 in York
Hampton Inn Hanover
Hampton Inn Hanover
#1 of 5 in Hanover

Been to Hampton Inn Shrewsbury? Share your experiences!