“GREAT STAY”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Freedom
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“GREAT STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I travel frequently on business, and this hotel is at the top of the list for future stays in this area.

This hotel saved me from the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I was in New Cumberland for a 1 week training at the base. The hotel I was required to stay at was horrid. Unfortunately, all the hotels in that area were booked. Me and another coworker were able to get a room there to spend the remainder of the week for training. Although the drive was 35 miles to the base, it was well worth it every morning because I felt safe, clean, and comfortable.

The following is provided:
-ROOM: Was clean and comfortable. I was actually able to sleep at night.
-STAFF: Mandy and Rachel (I think that was her name, I believe she may have been a manager) took good care of me the evening I checked in. They were really friendly, accommodating and friendly. They ensured to call my room to ensure everything was ok and to let them know if we needed anything. My coworker, who stayed there as well, was very grateful for that extra attention. I would stay at this hotel just to see Mandy and Rachel.
-OVERALL: My stay was excellent, as is usually the case when I stay with Hilton brand.
-BAD: The windows did not have sheer panels, only the room darkening curtains. I recommend that sheers be put up on the windows because it provides an element of privacy while still allowing natural sunlight to enter the room. While it is still light outside, I like to have the sheers closed while I work at the desk. I think this is a necessity. Instead, I had to choose between having the curtains open and knowing that the people in the parking lot could see in my room (I was on the 2nd floor), or closing the curtains and turning on the lamps even though there was plenty of sunlight out.

The curtains, however, are not a show stopper. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely look to stay here in the future if I come to this area.

Room Tip: I recommend a king bed room because the desk in the room is large and seems to take up a lot of spac...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Nobleboro, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This Hampton Inn is excellent, clean, very well appointed. Every detail thought of, all desired amenities available. Will stay there again. I travel for a living and this hotel has everything some finer hotel have and more!

East Berlin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel on business. It's clean, has a friendly staff, and well managed. I am looking forward to staying again. I would not hesitate to stay there as a family or with friends.

Dagsboro, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I attended a graduation party in Felton and had a very pleasant stay at this property. It was clean, comfortable with pleasant public spaces. However, the driving factor for this review was to comment on how impressed we were with Mandy the breakfast person. She was cheerful, friendly and right on top of everything. My husband has been in the hotel industry for over 20 years and we travel quite often. Whenever we encounter a "stand-out" person, we like to share our experiences; Mindy was just that!

Beavercreek, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

A very clean, inviting hotel. We booked the room at the last minute and it was spotless! Staff was very welcoming and friendly. Beds were comfy with sparkling sheets. Bathroom was immaculate. Breakfast was fabulous! Will continue doing business with Hampton!

Delmar, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn in Shrewsbury, Pa. It was very accommodating, clean and we loved the continental breakfast provided. We would definitely stay again and recommend this to others.

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I speak at conferences around North America. We needed to be in Baltimore the next morning and didn't want to pay the high cost of the Inner Harbor hotels. This Hampton Inn was ideally situated, a few hundred yards off I-83's last Pennsylvania exit yet quiet, with a couple of restaurants within easy and safe walking distance. This is our stay-of-choice for the area, and we'll be back. Only issue: the seal of the bathtub stopper wasn't great so taking a bath meant, for me, continual topping up. Showering was fine for my husband, though.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Freedom
Home2 Suites by Hilton York
Hampton Inn And Suites York South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, York
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley

Been to Hampton Inn Shrewsbury? Share your experiences!