“Would stay here again in a heartbeat!”

Hampton Inn Shrewsbury
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Freedom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have 2 little kids and needed a hotel to stay at half way on our trip from VA to NY. Hampton Inn's are our favorite hotels because they have everything we look for- cleanliness, great value, comfortable beds and breakfast! This Hampton Inn is beauitiful and newly remodled. I am a clean freak and this hotel was clean ;) If I had to find one negative, the eggs were a little dry- rest of breakfast was great ! And I also wish there was a way to kid proof the rooms.... We couldn't figure out a way from keeping our 3 yr old from waltzing in and out of the bathroom because he could easily open the door.... A high outside lock would be really cool to help families with kids.... One last thing- they paid grear attention to detail which made things so nice- complimentary cotton balls, nailfile... And a checkout slip that listed the weather for the day and breakfast menu. All around a really nice hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We used to live in Stewartstown near Shrewsbury, and I remember when this hotel was first built -- about ten years or so ago, I think, the first and only chain in Shrewsbury. My husband and I always stay there now (we moved in 2004) when I have a Hopkins appointment in Baltimore, just straight down I-83, and it's always been very nice. Now it's even nicer, with fresh, colorful decor and a new arrangement for breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, nice bathrooms. We can always count on a Hampton Inn for consistency, but this one is exceptional.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is our hotel of choice when we're in the Shrewsbury-Lancaster area. Very quiet and very clean room - exceptional amenities - great breakfast every time. Ruby Tuesday within walking distance was an added bonus. Keep up the good work, Hampton Inn Shrewsbury!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a wonderfull hotel to stay if in the area. Staff is excellent and attentive. Have stayed here a number of times and never disappointed. Spa and pool are clean and quiet. Rooms are very nice and always clean. If staying more than a day at a time the housekeeping / tidy up is very good. Close to a number of fantastic Antique Shops, plenty of good eateries. Breakfast is usually pretty good for a hotel breakfast. I would reccomend this hotel without any doubt!

Room Tip: If you want to induldge ask for the suite! 2nd floor rooms are the quietest..
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a nice place. We were only there for one night but there is usually some little thing that bothers you - not in this case. The room was clean and comfortable; no aches or pains after a night in their bed; no complaint about the pillows; room temp was perfect. The staff were very nice and the breakfast was well stocked. Such a nice surprise when everything goes as you would like it to go!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Everything about this place is excellent. (I found it by chance, getting off the I-83 in foul weather.) Very clean, comfortable, tasteful, friendly. Everything worked as it should.
The usual pappy, plasticised food for breakfast, though — eaten off styrofoam. But I guess I'm nearly alone in minding that. It just seems so ridiculously incongruous with a smart hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the past three years while visiting relatives. This hotel is very clean and has a nice pool and hot tub plus a small gym. Breakfast offers a little bit of everything -- waffles, hot buffet, pastries, yogurt. Hot coffee is available all day. Plenty of parking, restaurants nearby. The staff is very kind and attentive. My sister stayed down the hall from me with two kids and there was a pullout couch in both our rooms which was convenient. I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Shrewsbury? Share your experiences!