“Highly recommended”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Freedom
Maryland
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Spent a week here. Very nice rooms. Very clean. Quiet. Furnishings included good bed, nice wrap-around desk, LCD TV, microwave, small fridge. Rather attractive looking hotel in a nice semi-rural location.

Excellent breakfast bar -- omlettes, make-your-own-waffles, meat, yogurt, breads, juices, coffees, teas.

Staff were very helpful and courteous. Basic price was a bit high, but offered us a nice discount after asking why we were in the area.

Good location. Well-back from main road. Near I-83 (nearest end is about 200' away) but no rooms directly facing it. Across from Ruby Tuesday and 5 minute walk to Cracker Barrel. More food and shopping half-mile away.

Wired internet service good.

Only wrinkle is that the electronic cards keys stopped working about 20 minutes before check-out time. Apparently programmed incorrectly. Slightly inconvenient.

Highly recommended overall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sirius4565

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My wife and I, my three brothers and their wives (from Michigan, Texas, and Oklahoma), my two sons and their families, my older daughter and her family, my son's sergeant major and two other soldiers from New Jersey, my sister and her daughter, my four grandchildren - we were all at this hotel most of the week of July 17-22 to commemorate my youngest daughter Rebecca Jean Bryan, who died tragically in a horrible accident on July 15 just outside Gettysburg, PA. The funeral service was conducted by Monahan Funeral Home in Gettysburg and my daughter buried in Arendtsville just west of Gettysburg. Monahan Funeral Home was every bit as top notch as was the Hampton Inn. The staff at this Hampton Inn was superb. They were kind and helpful. The rooms were immaculate, the bedding comfortable, the breakfast exquisite with a very large and accomodating breakfast area. Cold bottles of water were provided when we left the hotel. My wife, who has an acoustic neuroma and very poor balance, fell just as we were about to leave on Friday morning, July 22 and fractured her ankle. She has many medical issues and my younger son, Lt. Col. Robert Bryan, transported her to the hospital in York. The hotel extended our checkout time. These people are professionals and are highly recommended. I encourage them to keep up the good work, so frequently missing in this country today, as our economy and our values and work ethic seem to be quickly and sadly deteriorating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Purcellville
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Make sure of room accomodation s. BUT at all times since its opening i have stayed and loved this particualr Hampton Inn . As well as the one with Broad St, address in Richmond , VA. York County known for cleanliness and friendliness ! My rating here is from all previous experiences , just not the first day of June 26.Do not want to malign the motel in any way as I am so grateful for it !

Room Tip: Check your room assignment so it is what you prefer.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
purcellville
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The desk clerks just in recent years have not cared about guests comfort or concerns. No friendly greeting and certainly on recent trip NOT Helpful, Dee, in particular, Acted like she wished noone was bothering her about anything. Simple request for room with comfortable chair ignored repeatedly. Counted only 23 cars in parking lot, middle of night. Hotel capacity way over that. During day I noted many of the room I was requesting were vacant, Contrasted completely by Missy on night shift, Helpful on every visit I have seen her over the years from days as maid service to now night clerk, She deserves a raise.
HUGE POINT> Besdies desperately in need of comfortable chair due to three back fusions and constant pain, I AM DEAF with necessary cochlea implant and aid. NO closed captioning on your TV's accessible !!!!! Have worked nationally with the organizations for the deaf and hearing impaired and according to law you MUST have immediate accessibility to closed captioning among other things such as alarms by lights, etc upon request, Another thing Dee ignored. In the middle of the night Missy was amenable to changing my room though I had not asked for that...just came down to say "hello". By morning she had a maintenance person with new remote attempting to access TY closed captioning. I WAS ABSOLUTELY GOING TO CHECK OUT EARLIER than planned stay due to treatment by front desk personnel on arrival and throughout first day ! This was a 'memory lane " pleasure trip. I never once demanded anything--- just pleasantly several times requested for my 80 yr old needs and in my advocacy nationally and internationally capacity for the deaf and hard of hearing. . I in 8 currently have severe hearing handicaps in the US population according to facts released at the recent convention in Washington, DC. This number is rapidly changing to an increase in the deaf general statistics . UNACCEPTABLE.
Have always loved this hotel, I can visit my childhood through college friends from its location and stay during my medical trips to Johns Hopkins. Have always recommended it. When Rosie at breakfast buffet greeted everyone with smile and helpfulness , I commended her, All a traveler , business, or otherwise needs to remember and recommend a hotel to others is a friendly greeting. ! One should at the very least feel welcomed. Dee working front desk, MOnday afternoon(six cars in lot when I was checking in) : was anything but and I soon decided to leave.Wande , a maid in the hall even very nicely tried to help in anycapacity.Also a smile was really all i was really looking for in the staff.Stayed at Best Western , Eden RD in Lancaster PA>>>previous night> Though extremely busy , personnel all very helpful and room beyond belief ...every amenity ! SHape back up to previous standards Hampton Inn. WE always choose one. had been in Richmond weekend before this ..so friendly and all necessary needs immediately met !WE use Hilton Inn in Raleigh airport area and never not greeted warmly as we come and go. Cleanliness another *****

Room Tip: do not accept a rude front desk clerks assignmen
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Lititz
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at this Hampton Inn on my way home from BWI airport. I got caught in blizzard like conditions and pulled over when I saw the Hampton Inn sign. I was a little nervous, because my last stay at another Hampton Inn was not the best. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and my check in was extremely fast. The room was very clean and they even washed the duvet covers on the bed which is unheard of in most hotels. It was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The only downside of the room was that the water pressure was very low. I'm not sure how much control the hotel has over that issue though. The breakfast area was very clean. There were even fresh flowers around the lobby which was a nice touch.. The food was very good and I even got to make my own waffles. All in all this was one of the best stays I've had at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Lansing, MI
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We returned to this Hampton Inn because we were so pleased with our stay there several years ago. It still is great. Helpful, friendly staff, even better breakfast then before. We also enjoyed Ruby Tuesdays next door. Will definitely stay here again when we return to this area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Overall clean, quiet hotel with a decent free continental breakfast. However, the mattress was quite uncomfortable and caused me to have significant back and neck pain. We placed the "do not disturb" sign on our front door before going to sleep; however, despite this someone knocked on the door at 6:41 am and slipped the bill under our door; the knocking woke us up. Later we realized someone moved the "do not disturb" sign to a little holder on the adjacent wall. That seemed quite strange and we did not appreciate the unwanted knocking, which seemed quite unnecessary, and was certainly done by the staff when the slipped the bill under the door. Next time, we will be staying somewhere in York which is only about 20 minutes north.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York
Hampton Inn And Suites York South
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Wingate by Wyndham York

Been to Hampton Inn Shrewsbury? Share your experiences!