Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
SCARBOROUGH
“Mr”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at Quality Inn for 2 nights. Awesome service and location. I had a wonderful time staying at this location. Normally I book hotel/motel to just sleep in but this time it was I actually stayed in a room for more time than I normally do. The service staff was very generous and offered us fresh coffee and gave us lots of information around the town. I didn’t have to go through the brochures, well because I got the information I need from the front desk clerk. The rooms were really clean and the beds felt like a brand new and never used. I found out that the motel is under new management and newly renovated and still going through more renovations.
I am recommending all my friends and family who travel through this area going south.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank patelankit
MZAVER, General Manager at Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate our guest’s feedback so that we may continue to better our services. Our staff strives to go above and beyond our guests expectations and . I am glad to see you found our property easily and enjoyed all the amenities we had to offer. We look forward to having as our guests again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Property CHI
Quality Inn New Cumberland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Scranton, PA, USA
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked 3 rooms with a little concern after reading the prior reviews, but I must say any worry was groundless. We arrived very early, and were greeted with a smile and an offer of fresh coffee because the desk clerk insisted on checking to ensure the rooms were ready for occupancy, since the housekeeping reports were not yet in. They were and we were assigned 3 adjoining rooms that were furnished with 2 queen beds with obviously new bedding, each room containing a refrigerator, microwave and new flat screen TV. The bath looked to have been refurbished, and the rooms were immaculately clean and comfortable.

Continental breakfast was extensive for this level of hotel, including assorted fruits, juices, yogurts, pastries and breads, as well as cereals, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and breakfast sausage.

The hotel is under new ownership and the new management seems to be sparing no effort to make things right. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LFA
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Ripped off! Late at night, what could I do besides pay the extortion. The fact that the place is a dump only added insult to injury. Room was small, dark, musty and depressing. Not even up to Travelodge or Econolodge standards.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank rmm71
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2013

First and foremost, I am not a picky guest. I do not go on vacations and trips to sit in a room and snap photos of a crack in the bathroom tile. That's not my idea of fun. In my opinion, a room is generally a place meant to function as a livable space during your trip, unless you are planning some big romantic get away in which case...anyone with common sense would chose a more romantic upscale hotel to do so. So therefore, there are only a few things I feel are necessary to be happy with accommodations and they are 1. A comfortable/clean bed. 2. Working facilities and air, 3. No rodents, bugs, or health code violations/unsanitary conditions. Quality Inn in New Cumberland met all of that criteria for us and was reasonable priced for the accommodations we had. Room and linens were clean. King Bed was big, soft and comfy...in fact I did not even feel my friend move during the night. Bathroom was on the small side but functional for its purposes. Shower was easy to adjust temp and good water pressure so I was able to enjoy a nice relaxing shower after a long day at Hersheypark. Flat screen TV, desk area and plenty of dresser drawers and vanity counter. The continental breakfast was a good selection which is hard to come by these days and very nice when you are already spending an arm and a leg at Hersheypark and stadium for food and drinks. Did not have time for the pool so I cannot comment. Staff was kind and accommodating when we realized we forgot toothpaste. Check in and check out was fast and friendly. Housekeeping came each day and were nice and asked us if we needed anything else.

If I had to say anything negative about our stay it would only be that the drive to Hersheypark is longer than its advertised to be. The official website claims that its only 15 minutes away but it usually took us more like 25-30. And during Friday night traffic it was terrible and we were late for the concert we attended. I realize the hotel cannot control traffic conditions in a larger city, however it may be very misleading to anyone who is not from the area and is not taking Hershey traffic into account. We live in the area and we did not even think to calculate that in. We just saw it said 15 minutes and felt that was reasonable. So I would personally find it more beneficial to them to word things differently on their site so as not to give a specific time duration if its not very accurate. Other than that, I can honestly say I would consider staying here again the next time we have plans in the Hershey area. Again, we felt we received reasonable accommodations for a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rachael713
LaCrosse, WI
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It appeared that the people who own this franchise are renovating. We were the only ones staying at the hotel! Although we were put in a "renovated" room, following are some of the problems: NO air conditioning or functioning air circulation system, which was damaged/bent/kicked (and no screen on the window to make leaving the window open possible), a light fixture on the wall was damaged, items affixed to the wall were crooked (apparently no-one had heard of using a level when hanging things on a wall), a shelf behind the toilet was coming off the wall.

Unlike other reviewers here our bedding was clean. As other reviewers have written, the carpeting had a rudimentary vacuum job, and the edge of floors in the bathroom not clean. We arrived late-ish in the day (around 10:30 pm) and were tired, and paid fifty bucks using one of those coupons from a rest-stop booklet so I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.