“my stay was relaxing”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
amityville
“my stay was relaxing”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

my stay was relaxing ,its close to the hwys and stores.I found the staff to be very helpful on my arrival and in giving me directions to my destiny.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Calrkston, MI
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Horrible, horrible, horrible. The first room had unknown fluids on the blankets & hair on the sheets. The cups had what looked like coffee in the bottom, but was recovered with the plastic. Asked the front desk staff for clean sheets & he moved us to another room that was worse. The second room had blood on on the blankets & more bodily fluids on the sheets. The coffee pot still had coffee in it from God knows when. Management would not give us our money back . The owner/manager was extremely rude & was yelling & even kicked the front desk employee, which was his son. The owner's son admitted that the rooms were not cleaned & that he would not stay there. We were in town for a wedding & had booked 4 rooms. Take my advice & find another hotel!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Stayed there for one night only. The hotel is clean and simple. Breakfast is basic and the area is shared with the guests of other nearby hotels (we saw people coming for breakfast from the hotel next door as well as some people who looked like employees),

When I checked in, the night attendant was gracious and offered me the best rate for 4 adults (one room with two full beds). But when I was checking out the next morning, the front desk lady told me that the rate was wrong and that her job was to make sure that everything was done correctly and charged me $20 more.

Overall, I was not impressed with this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing was extraordinary
  • Disliked — The extra charge at the end of our stay
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
New York City
Reviewed July 10, 2008

The real standout about this Days Inn was the friendly staff. I booked through Hotwire not expecting anything special, just a place to sleep, but my room was enormous. This facility is older than some and it is evident that maintenance has been done to correct minor problems -- but I was very happy with this motel and think it is a great value.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank Kresequid
Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2007

A fresh coat of paint and a THOROUGH, REGULAR cleaning would go a LONG way towards making this hotel a more welcoming place. The place definitely did not live up to my standards for how clean a hotel should be. There were smears on the door leading from the hallway to the parking lot, and they were not cleaned for the entire four days that I stayed there. There was a long hair in one of my dresser drawers, toothpaste on my shower controls, and kids' scribbles on the door leading to the hallway from the room. :( Also, the carpeting in the hallway was very stained. Some of the clientele is dubious, too - there was a fight between two men one of the nights I was there and the police had to be called! Yikes!!!! (But I suppose that might have been an isolated incident.) Oh, and the website makes it seem like this place is located in the pristine countryside, but the reality is that this place is crammed between expressways and adjacent to a strange, half-abandoned motel. And the "pond" is a joke - it's more like a puddle and looked very dirty. HOWEVER, despite the flaws, I actually would stay here again, because (1) the rates are reasonable compared to places directly in Hershey (where I was visiting), (2) the staff was very friendly, (3) the pool was very clean and well maintained, and (4) the place accepts dogs and there was a field nearby where I could play fetch with my two (clean and well behaved) golden retrievers.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank triplover01
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I just got back with my family from our stay at the Days Inn at New Cumberland, PA. Speaking for myself and my family, I can say that our stay here at this hotel was bad. For one, the only room available for us to reserve was a smoking room. Which by the way I reserved the day before from there website so I guess I can't really complain too much about that. We had to change our rooms 3 times!

The first room wasn't cleaned yet, there was a used towel under the sink and trash in the trash can. Not to mention, there were ants crawling all over the floor in the bathroom! We told the guy at the front desk and he immediately checked the room out for himself came back and gave us another room.

The second room was ok I guess, except for the tv. The tv was like 30 years old with bad reception. You could barely get any channels on it. So we went back to the guy at the front desk and he gave us another room.

The third room seemed to be better than the last two so we kept it. Everything seemed to be fine, no bugs showed up in this room and the tv was good. But we were wrong, the night before we left our toilet decides to clog up. I call to the front desk and the man (a different one from when we checked in) said that he would check to see if there was a plunger available. We waited for a good 1 hr and a half. Nothing happened so I call back at the front desk and this guy has an attitude with me telling me that he could not find a plunger. Later on, maybe 15-20 mins, he knocks on our door with a plunger. He wanted to leave the plunger with us but i asked if he could unclog our toilet for us instead. Which he did, with an attitude again.

In conclusion, you definitely get what you pay for. I'm only speaking for the smoking rooms from this hotel. I don't know what the non-smoking rooms look like. Avoid the first floor smoking rooms, they are more smelly and dirty with bugs. The soda machine will eat all your money. Missed the continental breakfast, so I don't know how that was. Also, pictures don't really portray what the rooms really look like.

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank goin_places_7
morrison, colorado
Reviewed March 1, 2006

I have just returned from a two week stay in the New Cumberland, Pennsylvania area and stayed at this days end motel. My daughter and I were treated very nice by the entire staff and the room was fairly priced, nice, clean and well kept. If you are looking for alot of frill...the days end may not be for you...but, if you are looking for a decent, nice room with all the amenities that you really need to be comfortable...this is it...:O) It has a pool that looks like it would be fun in the warmer months and is near lots of resturants, bars, shopping and amusements. It is also near the military depot base where my daughter is stationed. The new cumberland community is a mix of very nice, friendly people and I enjoyed my stay very much and hope to return soon..:O) I will again stay at the days end as I felt very safe, welcomed and at home there..:O) Thank you to the staff at the days end motel and to the nice town folk for a wonderful time in New Cumberland !!...:O) Ella

• Stayed February 2006