“very poor lodging and security”

Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Reviewed October 16, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 15, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DANIEL H
Reviewed October 9, 2012

good value, if you have discount. staff was friendly and knowledgeable , breakfast good for small area. only problem was vibrating noisy bath fan that drove us out of bathroom. need to replace with a low son (noise level) fan, though they cost f few bucks more. noted could hear other fans in nearby room also. would return to this unit, if fan and sticky bath door fixed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

If you are looking for a cheap, no frills place to stay then I would recommend staying here. But, our cover had a burn hole in it (in our smoke free room) and the place just gives off a very "dingy" "dirty" feel. The breakfast is open from 6am - 9am so if you are a late sleeper you can forget about getting your free cereal in the a.m. The location was pretty good oh and the pool was very tiny.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Basic clean no frills room with matching price. About 15 minutes to Hershey Park. It appears as the Inn is in the midst of some renovations such as a new fitness room which was due to open the day I checked out (8/30/12). I had requested a roll away when I made my reservation, When I checked in I was promised it would be brought up right away. Four hours later when I returned to my room it still had not been brought up. One call to the desk and it showed up. Continental breakfast was fine and manager would always offer to make waffles, they accomodated us for a late arrival to the breakfast. Exhaust fan in bath was a little noisy and channel guide provided was not accurate. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Would stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE.

I have photos to prove the Magnum-brand open condom wrapper in the night stand that my girlfriend and I found when first entered the hotel room. Disgusting. I wanted to be wrapped in a glove when sleeping there. I wanted everything I owned to be heated at a high heat to guarantee no bed-bugs. The adjoining hotel looks like a trailer park. Wow. Scary neighborhood. No restaurants within convenient walking distance. Hotel doesn't have a restaurant. The cheap price is not nearly cheap enough for this fleabag. Hotel smelled like a cheap cigarette, which might be appealing if you are on a three night bender, but if you are not Charles Bukowski you will not enjoy this place, and even he would have written something nasty about it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

On 8-20 at 11:30pm i booked a 2 night stay through travelocity for the Days Inn in New Cumberland with an arrival date / time on 8-21 between 2am & 3am. I arrived at approximately 2:40am with my family and found the front office door closed, no one in the front or back office (could see through open windows) and a closed rear door. I followed the instructions on the door, proceeded to the window and pressed the bell for assistance. I stood there for about 5-10 minutes ringing the bell, tapping on the glass and even honked my horn several times with no response. I called the Travelocity Rep.who was also unsuccessful for appoximately another 10 minutes in his attempts at reaching the front desk. With my kids sleeping in the car my wife got on her cell phone and started making calls in the hopes of finding another hotel. Now out of the closed door walks out the Hotel Employee, she put her hands over her eyes and answered the phone, by this time my wife had already made another reservation and we were ready to leave. Could you beleive that the Hotel Employee, who at this point had her Manager on the phone refused to refund the charges..... travelocity was of no help, completely useless they stated it is at hotel managements discretion re: a frefund... never again!!

Room Tip: I would not recomend this place to anyone!