“Good Value- Just the Basics, Clean Comfortable Room & Friendly Staff”

Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Basic clean no frills room with matching price. About 15 minutes to Hershey Park. It appears as the Inn is in the midst of some renovations such as a new fitness room which was due to open the day I checked out (8/30/12). I had requested a roll away when I made my reservation, When I checked in I was promised it would be brought up right away. Four hours later when I returned to my room it still had not been brought up. One call to the desk and it showed up. Continental breakfast was fine and manager would always offer to make waffles, they accomodated us for a late arrival to the breakfast. Exhaust fan in bath was a little noisy and channel guide provided was not accurate. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Would stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 25, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE.

I have photos to prove the Magnum-brand open condom wrapper in the night stand that my girlfriend and I found when first entered the hotel room. Disgusting. I wanted to be wrapped in a glove when sleeping there. I wanted everything I owned to be heated at a high heat to guarantee no bed-bugs. The adjoining hotel looks like a trailer park. Wow. Scary neighborhood. No restaurants within convenient walking distance. Hotel doesn't have a restaurant. The cheap price is not nearly cheap enough for this fleabag. Hotel smelled like a cheap cigarette, which might be appealing if you are on a three night bender, but if you are not Charles Bukowski you will not enjoy this place, and even he would have written something nasty about it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

On 8-20 at 11:30pm i booked a 2 night stay through travelocity for the Days Inn in New Cumberland with an arrival date / time on 8-21 between 2am & 3am. I arrived at approximately 2:40am with my family and found the front office door closed, no one in the front or back office (could see through open windows) and a closed rear door. I followed the instructions on the door, proceeded to the window and pressed the bell for assistance. I stood there for about 5-10 minutes ringing the bell, tapping on the glass and even honked my horn several times with no response. I called the Travelocity Rep.who was also unsuccessful for appoximately another 10 minutes in his attempts at reaching the front desk. With my kids sleeping in the car my wife got on her cell phone and started making calls in the hopes of finding another hotel. Now out of the closed door walks out the Hotel Employee, she put her hands over her eyes and answered the phone, by this time my wife had already made another reservation and we were ready to leave. Could you beleive that the Hotel Employee, who at this point had her Manager on the phone refused to refund the charges..... travelocity was of no help, completely useless they stated it is at hotel managements discretion re: a frefund... never again!!

Room Tip: I would not recomend this place to anyone!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank A G
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a night and I definitely would not recommend a return. The walls are paper thin and you can hear all the commotion in nearby rooms and in the hall.

Worst of all? There was absolutely no hot water whatsoever. Usually two necessities of a hotel should be a nice place to sleep and a hot shower in the morning. Really disappointing overall. There was no management in the morning to address the issue with - pretty poor customer service.

The parking is also not ideal and it's difficult to find a space near your actual room.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank sluzby
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night and didn't need to spend a lot of time on the property. Called the hotel itself when making the reservation and they got us a better rate than what we had seen online. Was pet-friendly, the pool was OK for a quick dip on a hot day, and the free breakfast was enough to fill us up.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We only needed one night in this location. I used Priceline and this is what we got. Never again. Nice front deal person but it's similar to a motor lodge setup. Seems like they tried to take an outdated motel and throw in a few updates although not that hot. No bugs that my pest control technician bf could find. Our room was noisy as u can hear people in the room next door. There was actually a door between the rooms! Our room was non smoking, fridge, micro king bed. Nice hot water. Sheets were old with marks on them...hmmm. Just the whole place seemed cheap...not worth 100 bucks!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Kusscat
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Not the type of place one should stay for more than one night if money is an issue. Location is somewhat desolate and the check in and breakfast room is dilapidated and disconnected from the main room building. It is 2 stories but no elevator. We had to have our electronic keys redone 3 times in 2 days. The drink machines on both floors were empty and only some of the rooms were renovated. The reason why we stayed at this location was price along with it listed as new. It was far from it. I would recommend that you stay here only if you are running from the police or you are in the witness protection program'

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family